Teenage son question....

Options

Comments

• jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    My little boy is 8 and a half and always has his hands down his pants, my other boy is 10 but does'nt seem too bothered by his willy, can i ask at what age other mums stop helping their sons in the bath or shower? My 10 year old still asks but i've told him he's old enough to shower himself!
  • jrrowleyws
    jrrowleyws Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jo6673 wrote: »

I've even recently totally rearranged his room so his bed is behind the door- to avoid unnecessary embarrassment in the future

You shouldnt be walking in un announced anyway!!

I think I was blessed with a lock on my room door when I was a kid.
  • Jo6673
    Jo6673 Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    I dont!
    He had a habit of not closing the door and his bed was fully visable where it was before
    :A 17/10/07-Started Rosemary Conley :A
    Total loss so far= 4 stone 7lbs!
    In the magazine Sept 08
    :T
  • TokochickUK
    TokochickUK Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know about others but I know my mum used to have a hell of a job waking my brother up to go to school, so after so many times knocking and so many warnings she had no choice but to go in, and yes he would have his areas standing and he would get flustered lol. My mum did buy him a dressing gown and that solved all issues when walking around the house. In this day and age there are alot of one parent familys with not alot of the other sex input. So a book is a real help in these situations. I for one have two boys with a third due. And I am open and honest with them but they are only 3 in june and 2 in aug but in the future I hope they can always talk with me. I started my periods when I was 9 and I was so panicked and scared stupid, It took me talking to a teacher to find out what was happening.
    good luck
    sus x
  • Jo6673
    Options
    jess1974 wrote: »
    My little boy is 8 and a half and always has his hands down his pants, my other boy is 10 but does'nt seem too bothered by his willy, can i ask at what age other mums stop helping their sons in the bath or shower? My 10 year old still asks but i've told him he's old enough to shower himself!

Its a long while since I shared a bath or helped him- he shouts me upstairs to talk to him in the bath and has the door open- he just puts a flannel over his bits!
    He still likes to sleep in my bed occasionally but since i re did his room so its more grown up, he doesnt ask as much and I'm sure that'll all stop soon
    In the magazine Sept 08
  • Vashti
    Vashti Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I am the mother of an only son, and I never bought him any books. No one bought me one...I am sure they don't need some well meaning know it all to tell them what a willy is. We discussed the birds bees etc when he was five, in a very matter of fact way (he pointed at his little stroopie and said..it goes WHERE?? Then giggled and ran off)

Nowadays, I always make sure I am out of the way when my seventeen year old gets up. I go in to the room if I have to (if the alarm is ignored...not often, but sometimes after a late night) open the curtains ec then leave him and go to the kitchen to get breakfast ready...when I come back to put the face on by that time he is up and has showered - where, according to my husband who used to be a teenage boy (I think) the needful is done and forgotten about for at least eight minutes until he gets another one :)

Do him a big favour and avoid him in his underpants without making a big song and dance out if it.

I also buy boxes of tissues and leave them in the bathroom cupboard..he keeps a box at the side of his bed like most people do. For the occasional runny nose you understand. As long as he flushes the ones he uses, we are all happy and no one gets embarassed.
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    Options
    My sons are 16 and 13, so they must get stiffies, and possibly "deal" with them: how and when I really don't wannna know! They tend to walk around with towels draped across them in the mornings on the way in and out of the shower. I don't go in their rooms without calling out first...even when waking them, they have a few seconds of me talking to them before I go in. I haven't bought any books on the matter, but going by their sniggers at certain words, the subject had been debated at length at school, scout camp, mates sleepovers...you name it!

Sheet/underwear washing is simple....Kit goes in the wash basket, but before the washer goes on I'll ask "anyone got any more lights/darks?" so they can put any crackly grunties straight in the machine themselves! They help me strip their beds, so I'll busy myself with the pillowcases and whilst they remove the sheets themselves.

If they want my advice about ANYTHING I know they'll ask, but heck I'm their mum - they don't want to share everything with me!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options

Don't you give your sons any privacy? :confused:

Yes of course, what happened this morning was just bad luck on his part as I was coming up the stairs as he was trying to get across the hall into the bathroom:D

Thank you for all the replies, I do like the idea of re-arranging his bedroom, which I WILL discuss with him this evening, he has a lock and i always knock, funnily enough he hates his bedroom door closed and prefers to sleep/be in his bedroom with the door open:D

Thanks very much you have all been a great help and queenie you are a star;)
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Jo6673
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    funnily enough he hates his bedroom door closed and prefers to sleep/be in his bedroom with the door open:D

See!! They set themselves up to be caught out!!
    In the magazine Sept 08
  • findingmyownway
    findingmyownway Posts: 1,803 Forumite
    Options
    omg, i had a conversation this weekend about in the future i'd like a son (cos OH already has 3 girls) but now i'm not so sure! maybe i'll stick with hoping for more girls - at least i know what to do with them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure