Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Her style yes, her smell....well that's a whole different matter

www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-humor-085.gif
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    89p TT today
    NSD
    2 hours work to be billed to client at end of month.
    Lots of other prep done for busy week with 3 big meetings next week.

Tea all out of the freezer and in the oven, potato wedges and fish filets for girls, roast pork, jacket pots and veg for hubby, step-daughter and me, son at friends for a sleepover, he east LOADS so that's quite a saving right there. :rotfl::rotfl:

Partial F1 qualifying watched, not sure I fancy getting up at 5ish tomorrow to watch higlights of remaining session after abandonment due to weather, may tape it and watch during morning at a civilised hour.

Rugby underway.
    Happy (if slightly soggy) Saturday all.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy Saturday.
  • v1ckyt
    edited 17 March 2013 at 11:05PM
    Woke to snow this morning, it wasn't forecast so that came out of nowhere! Now blazing sunshine, this on the back of thunder, lightning and hail/hale yesterday!

NSD today, retreived the boy from his friends, must have been a late night as he'd crashed out now, he won't be happy when he wakes up and remembers he's got homework to finish. :rotfl:

NSD today, and hubby at work.

Double batch of bolognaise on the go in the slow cooker, so that's spag bol tonight and lasagne tomorrow sorted.

Money juggling done, just tilly tidy's from now until end of month, all repayments made.

Failed miserably in attempt to avoid hearing the outcome of the grand prix, will watch the taped highlights this evening.

Packed lunches still to do ready for tomorrow, plus a large heap of ironing I'm avoiding doing/thinking about.

Busy week with 3 meetings coming up, so trying to be a) organised and b) chilled out about it. Finding being organised the easier of those 2.

Have to start to think about new financial year work-wise, lots to do there, but will probably put it off until after children have gone back to school after easter break, and then send hubby and tiddler out for the day while I hit the HMRC website and try to get head around all the changes.

Not much going on MFW wise lately, but all the other general stuff like meal planning, staying away from the shops and being organised will generally help contribute to funds being available to pay down the mortgage overdraft.

Count down to easter hols now begining, 9 school days left.

Holiday cottage I look after is very busy over easter, 3 consecutive bookings, so lots of work there which is good for the bank account,plus of course handy for the odd grocery item guests leave behind, we have some funny old meals based on their left behinds, and are never lacking a half used jar of marmalade or bottle of ketchup or half used loo roll during the busy summer months. :D

Just had knock on door, neighbour letting me know the hounds are out again, major re-fencing project to be done soon, expensive but very necessary, Fortunatley they don't go far, but its a pain and very embarrassing to have to keep apologising to the neighbours.

Ok off to bath the girls, cut nails, de-louse etc. followed by homework nagging of the boy.
  • v1ckyt
    :TEvening all,

not a very MSE day, spent over £300 on fencing materials,to keep the hounds in and give the girls somewhere to play safely without getting knocked over by 2 bouncy dogs. So well worth it I reckon. Priced it all up online at B&Q and then popped into local timber place and was gobsmacked that they ended up £100 cheaper than the big orange place. And very helpful and patient chap talked me through endless different options before I finally made up my mind, can't imagine that happening in a big chain store.
    So all in all money well spent I reckon. Although technically haven't spent anything as its all going on the folks account at the timber place until the end of the month. :D

In other spending news.... eyebrows needed serious attention (insert mental picture of yeti here) so that got dealt with today.
    Tesco delivery came on time with usual smiley service :eek: Still only substitute was an upgrade so that's a result.

Have started mini-stoozing on current account. Have interest and fee free £250 overdraft so moved all money in it and £200 of overdraft funds over to the mortgage overdraft and will move money back to current account to cover direct debits as required. Am hoping to reduce interest on mortgage overdraft account to below £60 per month by keeping all available funds in that account throughout the month.

Son and I just dismantled his old cabin bed that he's outgrown and is being freecycled on, and lugged new single divan upstairs between us, again "new" bed came from freecycle :T
    He's very excited by the fact he's got a headboard so can sit comfortably in bed to read, not sure pink velour is entirely en vogue for an 11 year old lad, but hey, he's happy.

Hubby has gone to watch local football team [STRIKE]lose[/STRIKE] play. So far no goals, :footie::footie::footie::footie: I am currently fighting temptation to text him to bring me a McFluffy home.

Things I am grateful for this week
    1) Freecycle for providing new needed things and removing old not-needed things
    2) Easily pleased children
    3) My fab parents for coming and helping with fencing project at end of week
    4) My lovely sister (katep23) for going and buying us LOADS of loo rolls at costco
    5) The chance to come on here and waffle about stuff that would send most people to sleep in real life.
  • v1ckyt
    Just checked and hubby's team are now losing 0-1, after some bloke called Rooney scored (not Shrek Rooney though)

Perhaps now's not a good time to mention a McFluffy :(:(:(
  • v1ckyt
    2 - nil down now, perhaps he'll soon be depressed enough he'll want a McFluffy himself????
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    v1ckyt wrote: »
    He's very excited by the fact he's got a headboard so can sit comfortably in bed to read, not sure pink velour is entirely en vogue for an 11 year old lad, but hey, he's happy.

:rotfl: Can just picture this!

You should see my dining room - 320 toilet rolls and 480 sachets of cat food... I hope they never audit our Costco account :cool:!
  • v1ckyt
    katep23 wrote: »
    :rotfl: Can just picture this!

You should see my dining room - 320 toilet rolls and 480 sachets of cat food... I hope they never audit our Costco account :cool:!

Can you explained it away as a hungry,incontinent but very well trained cat???:rotfl:
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    v1ckyt wrote: »
    Can you explained it away as a hungry,incontinent but very well trained cat???:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure