First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife also had the Amstel beer declined after 30 days with no reason. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 27 April 2016 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    They just replied to my support ticket and said it was because the image was blurred:eek: Told me to make sure next time :eek: I had two items declined on two separate receipts. Not happy and I've told them so.......

That sounds familiar, must be a common tactic. How many days had elapsed between you uploading the receipt and them claiming it was blurred?

Are they asking you to reupload the receipt for them to process the cashback?

I suggest anyone affected by what appears to be an ongoing scam emails CheckoutSmart to register a complaint against TopCashback and ask what they are going to do to resolve it:

[EMAIL="help@checkoutsmart.com"]help@checkoutsmart.com[/EMAIL]

Also contact the manufacturer of the item, e.g. for Amstel, contact Heineken so they know what is happening to recipients of their promotion:

https://secure.theheinekencompany.com/contact-us

pressoffice@heineken.com
  • PWEM
    PWEM Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2016 at 6:25AM
    Options
    urbankoala wrote: »
    They didn't even bother emailing about declined transactions - it just quietly changed from pending to declined and they probably hoped we wouldn't notice!

It'll take them another month probably to reply to the support ticket... :mad:

That's exactly what they did with my previous declined receipt back in February.
    I didn't find out for a while until I checked my account.
    The first support ticket they didn't answer, from then it took a whole month to finally credit me and they said it was an error by COS. As they have to ask COS everything progresses very slowly.

With CS l use private message on Quidco Facebook they always reply within few hours to a day.

Next time I'll try Facebook PM on Snap & Save as well.
  • Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    urbankoala wrote: »
    That sounds familiar, must be a common tactic. How many days had elapsed between you uploading the receipt and them claiming it was blurred?

Are they asking you to reupload the receipt for them to process the cashback?

It was three weeks after upload.

No they haven't asked me to resubmit just told me to take more care next time :mad:

But I won't leave it there......
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tony98 wrote: »
    My wife also had the Amstel beer declined after 30 days with no reason. :(

Mine were also declined and when I asked why they said it was because I had claimed off another company . They were different receipts so where s the problem. Anyway I've emailed then back again.
  • jadex
    jadex Posts: 754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My Amstel was also declined stealthily on the basis of receipt being not readable... If it wasn't for "free" I wouldn't have paid £1.50 for it as it is tasteless IMHO so not worth the money. Maybe for 50-60p on sale...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 28 April 2016 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    It was three weeks after upload.

No they haven't asked me to resubmit just told me to take more care next time :mad:

But I won't leave it there......

Email [EMAIL="help@checkoutsmart.com"]help@checkoutsmart.com[/EMAIL] - I got a response saying there is no time limit for submitting a receipt, so they don't understand why I've been told this by TopCashback.

They've also asked if I can send in the receipt. Unfortunately I can't find the receipt (it's here, somewhere) but will send it as soon as it's found. :o

I suggest you email CheckoutSmart and attach the receipt you sent to TCB and ask them to advise you why it was declined.

It's going to be interesting if CheckoutSmart say that they actually paid out on the receipts :D

Same advice goes to aamsal, JAG, gwapenut, tony98, jadex, PWEM & emerald21 - if you do email COS please let us know what they say. I've found them to be quite receptive.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 29 April 2016 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Hi guys, please see the tcb rep's post here and my response to them:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70565740#2455

Please could you all save your tcb account statements and support tickets, as we may need to send them to Action Fraud.

The truth will emerge... eventually. :cool:
  • aspley
    aspley Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you purchase an item and claim cashback from multiple apps?

Has anyone tried this with Shopitize, Checkout Smart, TopCashback, ClickSnap etc?
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I collect nectar points, use receipthog and shopitize. all seem to track despite all being the same shopping trip
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills