We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Topcashback, Quidco and Shopitize app deals thread - post all deals and codes

Options

Comments

• chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 April 2016 at 3:10PM
    Options
    Thank you
    I have scanned the barcode and then gone to photo my receipt, and I have to say if it is an asda or co-op receipt. It asks asda ( click yes or no) same with co-op. No other options

Hmmm, this is strange, I've never seen questions asked like that before! Ok, what I would do is logout and login again and hopefully that will clear from the app that you've scanned the barcode and then start again.

Assuming it clears that the barcode was previously scanned, then select Waitrose from the list and proceed from there. You shouldn't normally necessarily need to select the retailer first but it's worth a try and to see what happens.

EDIT !!

I've just had another thought about part of the procedure in using the app. After you snap the receipt, a list appears of the retailers for the particular offer, the correct retailer may already be ticked/selected or if not you tap on the correct retailer and then carry on to the point where you upload the receipt. The app does ask you to confirm if the receipt is for a particular retailer (the one that was selected earlier), I'm now thinking that it's this part which has caused confusion?
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    Have logged out and in again and selected Waitrose and it has worked.
    Have noticed previous cash back, no longer showing ( only about £1)
    Think I'm getting too old for anything technical !!
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • chels
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    Have logged out and in again and selected Waitrose and it has worked.
    Have noticed previous cash back, no longer showing ( only about £1)
    Think I'm getting too old for anything technical !!

In general the offers on Shopitize are available when purchasing from any of the supermarkets that they partner with but some are specific to a particular supermarket. Currently there is 1 offer which is specific to Morrisons for £1.00 cashback on Orangina.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it albeit with receipt processing/recognition problems that most users endure at times!
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you, everyone on MSE is so kind
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • ellzx
    ellzx Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    Ive got the hang of getting cash back on one item on a receipt.
    im not sure if im being silly but im so confused!

Say for example kettle chips are on clicksnap and checkoutsmart, you can claim each variety once on each app.

Now in order for me to get one of each type on each app i need two receipts for each app, but can i claim for each type of K.chip on one receipt for one app.

and does this apply for other cashback apps ? ie need a new receipt for each app

Does that make sense?

Im flumoxed otherwise!
  • Leesha55
    Leesha55 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    ellzx wrote: »

Say for example kettle chips are on clicksnap and checkoutsmart, you can claim each variety once on each app.

Now in order for me to get one of each type on each app i need two receipts for each app, but can i claim for each type of K.chip on one receipt for one app.

and does this apply for other cashback apps ? ie need a new receipt for each app

Does that make sense?

Im flumoxed otherwise!

You're right. If you want to claim all 4 flavours on COS you can have them all on one receipt. As when you claim your cashback you can select more than one product for the receipt you'll be uploading. Then you would need a separate receipt with another 4 on it for clicksnap.

(Sainsbury's have them on offer for £1 btw!)

COS, Clicksnap and Topcashback ( Snap & Save) are all owned by the same company so you always need separate receipts. The only exceptions are Shopitize and Shopmium as they are owned by different companies. So say Shopitize had the kettle chips offer as well, you could use a receipt you have previously used on COS as they are owned by different companies.

Hope that helps! If not just let me know! :)
    Coupon and freebie lover! !
  • Leesha55
    Leesha55 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    ellzx wrote: »

Does that make sense?

Im flumoxed otherwise!

Also you need separate receipts when claiming more than one item on Topcashback as it does not give you the option to select multiple products. :)
    Coupon and freebie lover! !
  • chels
    Options
    Leesha55 wrote: »
    Also you need separate receipts when claiming more than one item on Topcashback as it does not give you the option to select multiple products. :)

Although you need to claim for each item separately on Topcashback you can use the same receipt for more than 1 item.
  • chels
    Options
    Anyone else finding it's taking a long time for Topcashback Snap & Save cashback to become payable?

I submitted receipt images for the MOMA porridge on 29 March and still waiting for them to become payable, i've never waited that long before.
  • ernie-money
    ernie-money Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Leesha55 wrote: »
    I always upload the same receipt several times, claiming each item individually. No need for separate receipts...
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport