Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• nad1611
    nad1611 Posts: 710 Forumite
    Options
    We arrived at our final destination (which was a cruise ship)5hrs late but I'm not sure how late our actual Airport (Budapest) arrival was.

So reading back what I wrote above, I have now inserted brackets, obviously my final destination wasn't the airport it was a Cruise ship, but I don't know what time our plane landed.

So if you read the rest with that hopefully it will make sense. As said I don't have those flight details so I can't put them into a flight calculator. The details which are missing are the arrival times of each flight.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nad1611 wrote: »
    So reading back what I wrote above, I have now inserted brackets, obviously my final destination wasn't the airport it was a Cruise ship, but I don't know what time our plane landed.

It's the final destination on your flight ticket that matters, which won't be cruise ship. It would really be helpful if you posted the flights you were orginally booked on and the flights you were rebooked on after missing your connection. You posted some flights above but it's not clear if these are the orginal flights or the rebooked flights.
  • nad1611
    Options
    Apologies for making your job's harder. Think I've made this too complicated and the way I've written it obviously isn't clear, so I'll start agin.

I know it's the arrival at the airport which matters which is why wrote;

We arrived at our final destination 5hrs late but I'm not sure how late our actual Airport (Budapest) arrival was

Yes these are the original booked flights;

Flight Details:Lufthansa

1) LH 5299 06.30(BRS)-09.30(MUC) (Operated by BMI)
    2) LH1676 11.35am(MUC)-12.45am(BUD)

I dont have the new flight details which is the problem. As said above, the first leg of the flight was delayed, I don't know by how much, but enough to miss our connection. We were put on the next available flight at Munich to Budapest flying with Lufthansa. It is actually the latter flight which is important because it's the final one.

Unfortunately not being seasoned travellers we didn't think to keep hold of the boarding passes etc which is why I'm here asking.

So all in all I guess my problem is, I need to find out what flight we would have been changed to, on the 25/6/18, departing Munich some time after 11.45am which arrived in Budapest at, best guess, between 15.15 and 16.15. Then find out what time that flight actually arrived.

You can see from the original flight details above, had we arrived as scheduled we'd have arrived @12.45 at Budapest Airport. Hope this now makes sense.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sounds like you were moved to LH1678 which arrived in BUD at 16:02 (17 mins late from schedule) that makes you over 3 hours late at destination
  • Zufre
    Zufre Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Family and I were booked LHR to SCL(Chile) via MAD connection both with Iberia 15 De 17.
    4 hrs before the LHR to MAD flight got a text to say flight was cancelled with no reason. Called number and they said they could not fly us again no reason. Upon my reminding them they had to get us to Chile, they booked us on a direct BA flight 24 hrs later. So we got to SCL 24 hrs late (but in more comfort!).
    Since getting back I have been trying to get compensation from Iberia but to no avail. Tried calling, email, Facebook and even Resolver, all with full details of bookings, flights, receipts, even the weather in LHR that day! Have read Vaughns Guide and all forums (Thanks all!). Seems that with all this I am stuck to getting a NWNF involved (better 70% of something!) as I do not think I have the time to go to court on this.
    As commissions seem to vary 25% plus X£ per pex to 36% plus...., do the collective have any best practice NWNF that are effective and do not go overboard with commission?
    Many thanks,
    Z
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have no connection to bott & co other than they handled my claim. They seem to be the go-to solicitors.
  • nad1611
    Options
    Ah right thanks for that.
  • Nataliedge
    Options
    We were due to fly last Saturday at 5.55 am! Up at 2.00 am to discover a text from the airline saying not to come to the airport (Stansted) until 20.30 as the new flight time was scheduled for 22.30. The flight never took off until the next day, so over 24 hours delay. We made alternative arrangements due to the delay.

However, anyone have experience with their delay rights when you do no have a boarding pass? I have all the documentation to show the delay but, the airline prevented us from checking in. Is this a crafty way to avoid the EU regulations?

The airline only offered us a refund when we called them following the text at 2.30 am. At the time we weren’t sure what we were doing. They offered no information or support. All we know is the delay was due to ‘operational reasons’.

Help!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you give us all the detials - Stanstead to ?, flight number, airline etc? Thanks.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • sarahj237
    Options
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the likelihood of getting overnight accommodation reimbursed when the flight was cancelled because of a bird strike? I feel we should be compensated because Easyjet didn't meet many of the regulatory requirements regarding passenger care even though the reason for the cancellation was out of their control. They didn't provide refreshments vouchers that evening, didn't care for passengers with limited mobility etc. etc.
    Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure