Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• Skid_Marks
    Options
    Bumping this in order to give Centipede's little legs a rest today.
  • Magsnoodle
    Options

Hi all,

Yes you have read right 2013 not 2014.....

We were delayed by 24 hours on a flight from Birmingham to New York in March 2013 and we are still fighting for compensation. We were told that the flight coming in from New York was diverted to Canada and so could not make it back in time to pick us up as it should have done. We have sent several e mails and letters to United Airlines with some responses being curt and rude. The CAA have not been very helpful or quick - and we are just waiting for them to respond to our last query. It has taken over 9 weeks I think.

Anyone any suggestions to move this forward, including if anyone has taken out a claim in the small claims courts against United Airlines?

Regards,

Magsnoodle

PS it is my first time on here and I would love to be MF by the time I am 50 - April 2023 at the latest.... How do I go about completing a diary to achieve this. Also need to be able to pay back a career development loan by end of April 2015 - saving for this is going well tbh. Thanks for listening:)

Magsnoodle:)
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Magsnoodle wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions to move this forward

Read the FAQs and search for the airline's name. All the information you need to evaluate your potential right to compensation, and the action to take, is there.

If you don't want to do that, contact a no win no fee firm.

Also, if you could avoid posting the same thing on different theads that would be helpful to other users.
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Magsnoodle wrote: »

Hi all,

Yes you have read right 2013 not 2014.....

We were delayed by 24 hours on a flight from Birmingham to New York in March 2013 and we are still fighting for compensation. We were told that the flight coming in from New York was diverted to Canada and so could not make it back in time to pick us up as it should have done. We have sent several e mails and letters to United Airlines with some responses being curt and rude. The CAA have not been very helpful or quick - and we are just waiting for them to respond to our last query. It has taken over 9 weeks I think.

Anyone any suggestions to move this forward, including if anyone has taken out a claim in the small claims courts against United Airlines?

Regards,

Magsnoodle

PS it is my first time on here and I would love to be MF by the time I am 50 - April 2023 at the latest.... How do I go about completing a diary to achieve this. Also need to be able to pay back a career development loan by end of April 2015 - saving for this is going well tbh. Thanks for listening:)

Magsnoodle:)

Hi magsnoodle,

I have successfully taken United Airlines to small claims court in Scotland. They are pretty useless at answering any querys. I didn't get a direct email address for them until I raised court action. As for the CAA as much use as a chocolate tea pot. I still haven't heard back from them since April last year, and my claim has been settled. My advice send them a NBA to there address at Heathrow giving them 14 days then take them 2 court.

Lynda xx
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Bump it up ...
  • Magsnoodle
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    Read the FAQs and search for the airline's name. All the information you need to evaluate your potential right to compensation, and the action to take, is there.

If you don't want to do that, contact a no win no fee firm.

Also, if you could avoid posting the same thing on different theads that would be helpful to other users.

Hi

Thanks for this. I made an error in not reading the posts properly before I added mine in. A genuine error and now that I have got the hang of it won't be repeated. Thanks for your help.
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
  • Vauban
    Options
    Read me, please read me ...
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had an email from Delta to say our delay was due to operational reasons - does this mean I can still claim?
  • Vauban
    Options
    Al1x wrote: »
    I've had an email from Delta to say our delay was due to operational reasons - does this mean I can still claim?

Yes it does.
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Al1x wrote: »

Hi Al1x.

They sure have taken there time. Am no expert on operational reason. I think if u search the forum regarding operational reasons there will be lots of advice as to your next step. I am sure they still have to tell you what operational reasons they were.

Lynda xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure