Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Al1x wrote: »
    Wouldn't that save me taking them to court is there is no chance of us winning?

Guessing court fees aren't cheap either!

You are labouring under the misapprehension that the CAA are impartial adjudicators. They are not. They are partisan and their "rulings", though they have no force in law, can weaken your case if you involve them in it.

With respect, you need to stop "guessing" and start reading - or turn over the claim to a reputable NWNF company.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Al1x wrote: »
    I would like to take them to court over it but I want something official in black and white that says that we are right in claiming.

Ahhh....! That'll be Regulation 261/2004 then :undecided :rotfl:
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm waiting for one last reply from KL (I'm expecting a response similar to Alix's ) and off goes a Letter Before Action giving 14 days and then off to small claims with it.

At least KL are responding - American are currently no response at all (email to customer relations). I tried Twitter and got a snotty response telling me the DOT gives them 60 days to respond.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Skid_Marks
    Skid_Marks Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Post #1 is the one to read.
  • duchy
    Options
    "Final" reply from KL re Delta delay

Thank you for your further correspondence which we received on the 3rd March 2014.

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our initial response to you and I would like to reiterate our apologies for the problems you encountered when using our services.

Having taken careful note of your comments and having reviewed your case I regret that we cannot agree to any proposal for an alternative settlement to your claim.

Your flight was DL37 on the 12th December 2008 was delayed for 20 minutes. According to EU recommendations, airline passengers are entitled to compensation in case of delays longer than 3 hours. Your connecting flight to Las Vegas was in the United States of America where the EU regulation has no jurisdiction and consequently does not apply.

With regret, we must therefore respectfully deny your request for further compensation and kindly advise you to consider this answer as our final one.

Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to clarify our position in this matter. I do hope that we will have an early opportunity to serve your travel needs

Letter before action time.
    Nice of them to throw in a free geography lesson though ;)

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually, given the definitive nature of this reply, I believe that an NBA is not necessary and you may proceed to court action directly, if you think you have a case.
  • duchy
    edited 12 March 2014 at 3:13PM
    Options
    I'm just wondering if I should be serving it on KLM in London or Delta at the UK (non PO box) address earlier in the thread.

Flight was LON CVG LAS all on Delta delay was more than 6 hours at destination after misconnect due to late arrival in CVG.

• duchy
    Options
    Post 1...............

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where does the 20 minutes that they claim come into it then Duchy?
  • duchy
    edited 13 March 2014 at 1:10AM
    Options
    Twenty minutes late at CVG caused a misconnect for my onward flight to LAS. Arrived over six hours late. All on one ticket/PNR and both DL operated and flight numbers. Folkerts applies.

My understanding is that it matters not that the connecting airport was outside the EC -despite KL's assertion that it does.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport