Can I claim on a closed account, no account number?

Options

Comments

• ninnoodle
    ninnoodle Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - I had a bank account with RBS for years but closed it around 1 - 2 years ago. Would I still be able to claim back what they charged me before?
  • millow
    millow Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Yes i have just done this with natwest - quote the account numbers and state that it is a closed account - they have offered to refund all the charges on my closed account.Good Luck
  • st@rdust
    st@rdust Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    i had a bank account with loads of charges on but it has been closed for about 2 and a half years now can i claim that money back or was my right lost when i closed my account? please help!! :confused:
    Orange - £40 Egg - £704.98 @ 19.9% Loan - £7485 @ 10.9%OverDraft - £600 PIgsback £4.20 made
    Payment a day on egg card - £1.23
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can claim away.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • eirian.price
    Options
    Does anyone know how to claim charges on closed bank accounts?

Eirian Price
  • angelwillow
    angelwillow Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    If you have the account number then you can just go through the same process as with accounts in use.
    But I'm sure you can find out the account number if you don't have it by contacting the bank and then again the process is the same.

Good luck!
  • sharon_currie
    Options
    Does anyone know how to claim charges on closed bank accounts?

Eirian Price

I have the letter template for closed accounts if you want a copy send me a message with your email addresss and I will forward it on to you
  • soggywoo
    soggywoo Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    <HR style="COLOR: #660000" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Hi Guys,

I had an account with Abbey about year ago. Which I have know closed down. Because I was getting charges every month which got out of hand. Can I claim them back. Even If closed the account down.

Thanks
    Tina
    :confused:
  • xxdawnxx
    xxdawnxx Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    yes you can as long as you still got ya bank details i think
  • SJTOWNLEY
    Options
    Is it possible to try and reclaim Bank Charges when the account was passed to a Debt Management company,but was paid off in full before they took legal action.
    The reason I got in Debt in the first place was due to Bank Charges on my overdraft which I couldn.t afford to pay.

Regards
    Sean
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family