PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Housework routine

Options

Comments

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aaaah :-*
  • jaybee
    Options
    I've been looking for the book group but cant find it. ???
    Any pointers please?
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    on the 'discussion time' board, jaybee, i'll bump it up for you.

in fact click here for the end of the thread - worth a read through when you have a minute!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    look forward to seeing you there jaybee.
  • jaybee
    Options
    Thanks 160. I'm looking forward to looking at that. See you there later!
  • KK
    KK Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Well I was fired up to do something about my house and it is looking better than it has for a month or two. I have set up a timetable for myself for my 2 days at home, and my one half day at work. I don't have to do anything on my two whole days at work, and the weekend is for bedrooms only (they don't take long to hoover and dust). I feel much better already and my husband is impressed.

I have discovered the following methods for passing time whilst cleaning. I iron in my husband's home office which has the computer and listen to Radio 4 Women's House listen again page - brilliant and you speed through the ironing listening to topics you like. I also catch up with friends on the phone whilst cleaning (cordless digital phone of course) and that passes the time.

I will try the load music as I never get to listen to my music - it's either hubby's or 'Kidz Kitten' for the 4 year old!. My hubby isn't as bad as I made out in the first post - honest. But since he has started his business he really doesn't have time to help with the housework, before that he was good, e.g. I never did the hoovering.

My 4 year old is pretty good at tidying and all her toys are categorised in boxes upstairs in her room, and she is allowed one box down at a time. And it has to be tidied at the end of the day - a race to finish first always seems to work. Today I asked her to put her shoes and cardigan on for school and she said I always asked her to do things and wasn't I lazy not to do it for her! Weird logic.

Happy cleaning all...
  • KK
    KK Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone heard the expression 'a house unkempt is a life lived' ? - as one of the ladies here said, your kids won't remember a bit of dust, but will remember you playing with them. My best friend when I was little had a mum who was always too busy to do anything with us and although lovely, she wasn't much fun as a mum.

I don't want to have one of those houses which doesn't look as if anyone lives there, but I also don't want to climb over the new tumble dryer in the dining room (hubby bought it at a knock down price and now has the convert my old airing cupboard to install it) and across the table just to draw the curtains like I did this morning.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i just want it at stage where i can keep on top so its not a total tip, and enjoy my time with the kids, without always thinking, my god what colour is the carpet in here again?!!!!
  • jaybee
    Options
    Good on you. Your kids will know you as a lovely mum and, hey, you keep sane as well. I think you've got the right mix :)
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks, jaybee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business