PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Housework routine

Options

Comments

• Emmacw
    Emmacw Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    thankyou jaybee and 16011996 for letting me know I am not alone!!!

I shall tell my hubby next time he rolls his eyes at me whilst I shine my sink that I am perfectly normal and there are others out there just like me ;D ;D ;D
    Nice to save.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    good for you!!! theres nothing nicer than a shiny sink. ;D
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do mine too its a little thing but it saves having to scrub really hard if you leave it for weeks :-[
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats true, i've found that if i do little bits every day, i'm doing less of a big clean at w/end which really helps.

i gave cupboard fronts a quick wipe down yesterday whilst waiting for tatas to boil, been doing it once a week, and saves having to go mad at them once a month.
    I do mine too its a little thing but it saves having to scrub really hard if you leave it for weeks :-[
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Inspired by this topic, 2 weeks ago I wrote down a routine for some of my housework & I have to say it has really helped.
    The kitchen & bathroom get deep cleans once a week (bathroom on a Saturday morning after shower, kitchen after Sunday dinner) and topped & tailed the rest of the week to keep them presentable & hygenic. Vacuuming is assigned to hubby on a Monday & Thursday & he is doing it religiously (so far!), bed linen now gets changed on a Wednesday, laundry gets "assessed" (i.e is there enough for a full white wash/will the weather hold to get it dry etc) 4 times a week even thogu i probably only need to do abotu 2 loads a week & everything is non-iron (well, it doens't get ironed anyway!) , dining room gets tidied top to bottom on a Thursday, lounge on a Tuesday & bedroom on a Monday. All sorts of things that need doing regulary but used to just get put off or half finished get delt with now. Hubby empties every waste paper bin in the house on a Sunday instead of waiting until they are over-flowing. There is just the 2 of us in a 2 bedroom house so there is no excuse really, even though we both work full time. By having this very simple schedule I have found it much easier to get it all done, the lounge tidy gets done whilst I am watching Holby City, the dining room gets tidied whilst I am waiting for dinner to cook & the bedroom gets tidied whilst I am chatting on the phone, other things aren't such a chore anymore because I am only doing a certian number of things on any day & the end is in site. So thank you all so much for inspiring me to do this! Long may it last ;)!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Sarahsaver
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did a timetable this morning, for myself!!!
    ;D ;D ;D
    It has made me feel a whole lot better already, and now I have allocated times to do things I dont have to think about ANYTHING else when it's gym time or studying time. I get up at 6 ish to try and beat the kids to it, and thats my allocated 'housework' time, but really little jobs like emptying the dishwasher, putting rubbish out. (and so i dont feel like i should be doing anything else at that time!)I have also scheduled in 'dates' with my kids so each of them gets some 'mummy time' to themselves, because that has been a bit of an issue. I hope I can find some way of managing that! rather than feeling all regimented I actually feel free. I dont put down TV watching because I only tend to watch bbc2 on a monday. 'Big' things like hoovering and tidying kid rooms are when my youngest is home in the afternoon, hopefully then it will be a 'fun' time and he will learn to help.
    I have done reading too!
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry Ssaver, I didn't mean I put down leisure things like TV watching or reading time in my housework schedule, but I found some of the housework stuff can be done at the same time as watching TV (Holby is about the only regulalry scheduled thing I ever watch anyway!) I usually do other jobs like meal planning, sorting drawers & mending/sewing in front of a film or dvd too & my mum swares by cooking & baking with audio books on in the background. Makes miserable jobs almost worth looking forward too!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Sarahsaver
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i was doing a timetable anyway, after a major panic last night (im studying A level chemistry ) I started to feel like there must be people watching me conspiring against me NOT to do it!
    I have done reading too!
    teaching of the Buddhas.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i've tried timetable before, and failed, but tempted to try again.
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey, I'm in danger of becomming normal :-/

I also have 'thing' about the fringe around the rug - if that's neat then I feel that the whole room looks tidy ;D Am I sad or what!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure