American Express Guide

Options

Comments

• sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    bixbarton wrote: »
    We tried to take advantage of this offer last month at Pizza Hut in Bracknell. Went onto Foursquare, checked in, clicked to load the offer. We spent about £35. Then when it was time to pay. They didn't take Amex!!!

Golden rule in restaurants is to ask first. Pizza Hut is a franchise so it's up to the franchisee as to whether they accept Amex or not
  • FrugalMummy
    Options
    devildato wrote: »
    can u use american express as paypal?

Yes I use it for paypal all the tiem
  • magic6
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Myself and OH have 4 Amex between us and using Foursquare have hit House of Frasier, buying £200 of gift cards for effectively £100,(you can double dip on the HoF reward scheme, give them your card when you buy the gift cards and the points go on. Give them the card again when you spend on the gift cards and they put the points on again!!) same at Gap (you can use them at Banana Republic as well) same for Harrods(double dipping of points again), 4 x £15 rebate with £50 spend at Shell, 4x £15 rebate buying £30 gift cards at Pizza Hut, and 4 x £5 rebate for £10 added to my Starbucks card. Every one of these have shown on my Amex statements. So spent £960 but got back £440.00 Total net outlay £520.00

Shell offer from AMEX IS NOT SHOWING on foursquare App any more
    ALSO YOU CAN ONLY load and redeem amex special only once
  • Russinating
    Options
    What's with the random quote?

Specials don't show up on Foursquare if you've already used them.
    | Amex & Foursquare Hoarder |
    Cashback & Points (26/02/13)
    Nectar: 71,816 (£357) | Avios: 62,036 | Membership Rewards: 45,076 (£225)
    Foursquare & Xbox Cashback: £1,865 | Quidco Paid: £986
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    magic6 wrote: »
    Shell offer from AMEX IS NOT SHOWING on foursquare App any more
    ALSO YOU CAN ONLY load and redeem amex special only once

It is still showing but you won't see it as a Special if you have already redeemed it against the account you are logged in as. You can redeem more than once on the same Amex account using supplementary cards and a foursquare login synchronised to each card
  • magic6
    Options
    I have not used shell offer but it is not there on foursquare app to load and there are 2 shell pumps nearby .....
  • gradgirl
    Options
    I was wondering if it would matter if the foursquare account was registered in a different name to the card synced to it?

I have a foursquare account but no amex card..was wondering if I could sync my Dad's card to my foursquare account to get the HOF deal? (Paying him the cash naturally!)
  • Russinating
    Options
    gradgirl wrote: »
    I was wondering if it would matter if the foursquare account was registered in a different name to the card synced to it?

I have a foursquare account but no amex card..was wondering if I could sync my Dad's card to my foursquare account to get the HOF deal? (Paying him the cash naturally!)

Not sure, but it's not really worth testing - just register a new account.
  • gradgirl
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I think you're right. Is it ok to access two different foursquare accounts on one phone though? I don't think my Dad could handle the technology involved to set up one, and I'm not sure if his phone is up to date enough to get the app anyway so would rather use my own phone.
  • Russinating
    Options
    Yes, just log out and back in again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport