American Express Guide

Options

Comments

• johnbhoy10
    johnbhoy10 Posts: 452 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2013 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Do the express rewards go into the same MR account?

Sorry, should have stated that they don't. The old Express Rewards is in my name and the new PRG is in my wife's name.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2013 at 11:34AM
    Options
    Your probably better off switching back the express membership reward points if they are as of much use. I could be wrong but I don't think you can use Express Membership rewards on airlines or hotels.
  • johnbhoy10
    Options
    Yeah my thoughts too!

After applying for the PRG had a quick look at the list of benefits and some cards appear quite similar but are tailored/tweaked toward certain categories.

thanks again.
  • bayzat
    bayzat Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    AMEX has by far the best customer service and fraud protection of any bank or closed-loop credit card provider.
  • bayzat
    bayzat Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I have an AMEX Blue preferred card, even though it has an annual fee, I would tell any traveler to go for it because it charges no Foreign transaction fees, which add up pretty quickly (they're over 2% of transaction value)
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bayzat wrote: »
    AMEX has by far the best customer service and fraud protection of any bank or closed-loop credit card provider.

Is this just the personal opinion of 1 person or did you have an info source about this?
  • mihaid
    mihaid Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a place in the UK where you can trade AA miles for something other than flights holidays travel stuff. On points.com you can get amazon, paypal.
  • npreece
    Options
    mihaid wrote: »
    Is there a place in the UK where you can trade AA miles for something other than flights holidays travel stuff. On points.com you can get amazon, paypal.

Not that I am aware of, although remember you can book BA flights too.
  • mihaid
    mihaid Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    npreece wrote: »
    Not that I am aware of, although remember you can book BA flights too.
    Thanks for that, although I took the card believing , wrongly, that I could swap miles for Amazon or such like vouchers. I'm unlikely to use the miles for flights so I would trade with someone else if possible.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    ... you would be far better off getting a cashback card, miles to voucher exchange rates are horrible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure