50 word Moneyfesto - Small changes for a big difference 2013

Options

Comments

• joe91_2
    Options
    Do not allow International Firms to export Profits without payment of Taxes.
    Tax must be paid where profits are made
  • addyann
    addyann Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money management should be complusary in schools, including primary schools. Support for parents to learn skills too.
  • killa47
    Options
    If all UK phone calls had to send the CLI Calling Line Identifier , it would enable recipients of nuisance calls to block future calls.
    Thus preventing all the PPI and other nagging nuisance calls from anonymous phone numbers.
  • Sausage_dog_2
    Options
    Labman20 wrote: »
    End the unfair Stamp Duty fiasco. If I jump into the next band I should only pay the higher rates for the proportion of the purchase value that falls into this band, NOT the entire purchase price.
    £250,000 = £2500 Tax
    £250,001 = £7500 Tax.:eek:

Is this Fair?

I agree that this is unfair not only for the buyer but also for the seller. If you buy a property for £250k and it increases in value to less than around £270k, you are likely to be forced to sell for £250k as buyers are put off by stamp duty. There must be statistics to show a peak in property sales just under £250k compared to just over £250k? Or you come up with a dodgy arrangement whereby the buyer pays the amount above £250k separately.
  • Sophie...
    Options
    People on benefits should have to do voluntary work, no work, no money. :D
  • Idontbelieve
    Options
    Create a Bill of Responsibilities that legally excludes UK residents (eg criminals, asylum seekers) from benefits under the Bill of Rights unless they can demonstrate adherence to positive, honest behaviour.
  • BC3
    Options
    A news item reports children with inappropriate packed lunches (eg. a packet of biscuits). Give every child in the country the chance of a free school dinner. Reduce family allowance an order to pay for it so parents can't spend it on drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.
  • henrihighgate
    Options
    OH, and who says so?

I thought prisons were there to punish people and keep them away from the rest of us mainly law abiding citizens.

Punish - is certainly not what happens now.

More like an apprenticeship for future wrongdoing.

I have an idea to save money and half re offending rates.

Put all prisoners back in four to cell (2 x bunk beds), bucket to toilet with slop out, remove all games, dvd's, pool tables, etc (keep large screen tv's only showing disney cartoons). basic prison food.

ALL prisoners to dig a large hole in the prison grounds from Monday to Friday (no matter what the weather) - let them have the weekends off to think about how hard prison life really is - then the following Monday to Friday, fill the same hole back in - and so on - week in week out.

Then cut sentences in half - This would save Millions of pounds and surely half the prisoner population within 2 years as the prisoners themselves would never want to return to that HELL HOLE - not only that, his friends, siblings and hangers on would be told how lovely and cushy it was INSIDE.

If I did something to warrant a prison sentence, I would expect to be punished.
    :kisses3::kisses3:
  • Felixity
    Options
    Put measures in place to encourage/enable insurance companies to offer policies with different levels of repair available when settling accident claims, eg "make it like new again" or "make it safe, but I don't mind if it's not aesthetically perfect" Insurance = cheaper = fewer going uninsured.
  • lindal25
    Options
    Reduce V.A.T. on Gas and Electricity to 2.5%. It is an essential commodity for cooking, heating and lighting and not a luxury.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure