50 word Moneyfesto - Small changes for a big difference 2013

Options

Comments

• tuttiviola
    Options
    Public transport use should be encouraged by introducing national oyster cards which would cover ALL forms of transport - train, bus, tube, tram, bike.
  • mala11883
    Options
    We should stop immigrants coming into this country as they are taking British citizens jobs minus the immigrants there would be enough jobs to go round therefore bringing unemployment down.
    As stated previously make it harder for immigrants to get benefits I am sick of having to pay for a family living in a mansion when us Brits cant get a sniff of a council house. The woman I seen on TV the other morning who refuses to work because benefits are better for her should be automatically stripped of all benefits sent back to her country and told to repay If I said that my benefits would stop in a heartbeat.
    The system here in Briton is pathetic and needs changing.
    Rant Over.
  • Jennykenny
    Options
    No vat on fruit and veg.
  • pammyjayne
    Options
    We don't require a country of Olympic athletes, but we do need a healthy country - not one that just 'pretends' to be healthy! The government's current health approach to a healthy population will not & cannot work - Mr Cameron you need to speak with me. Increase productivity-ability-self esteem-personal wealth & decrease benefits-unemployment etc etc etc...
  • meeshpeesh
    Options
    Kids should have mandatory lessons at school on how to be responsible with money. This could be paired with how to cook a healthy meal on the cheap rather than buying cheap junk food.
    These are life lessons that are so important and sometimes the parents don't tell their kids these things.
  • Pamelamac
    Options
    Tamji wrote: »
    Make fruits & vegetables CHEAPER than pure junk-foods. Junk foods = poor health & obesity, they cost the economy in sick days, benefits, NHS strain etc. It's insulting to our health & intelligence to expect us to believe that junk burgers, (for e.g) laden with fat & entrails cost less to produce than fruits & veg. Make health a priority, please!

I totally agree with this. Mars bars on offer are 4 for a pound, two conference pears in same shop £1.20. Where's the incentive to be healthy?
  • meeshpeesh
    Options
    Cheaper sports and activities for the public. It's too expensive to rent a badminton court for an hour (£11 locally). It's hard to get fit and healthy when you're losing £'s not lbs.
  • mala11883
    Options
    I am anti drugs but I think Cannabis should be legalized and sold in chemists or coffee shops as this would cut right down on drug dealers and would help Briton in the recession all that money the drug users pay dealers would then be paid to the government and its probably worth billions per year.
    Sounds stupid but think of the logic would stop drug import, raise funds for UK and stop a lot of dealers in their tracks.
    Seems to work in Holland and I heard somewhere in the US now does it like this.
  • stonewall_riot
    Options
    Anyone committing a sex crime against a child or gathering photos etc. Should not be put in prison for years while I pay the bill, only to be released to carry on offending against our children . They should be put in solitary confinment, have all blood tests done etc. Their details should be put on all organ donor data bases. When suitable matches come up they are wheeled to theatre and every conceivable organ is removed to help others. The remains are incinerated and ashes given to their family to bury.
    If my child needed a kidney or was facing death I know which I would choose.
  • Squirrel2000
    Options
    You can not verify if you have inadvertently entered the congestion zone. My daughter may have paid unnecessarily for months
    but has been advised that the only way to know is to stop paying and see if she gets a fine. ...and no refunds for unnecessary payment! Please create a daily online database of liability.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure