50 word Moneyfesto - Small changes for a big difference 2013

Options

Comments

• juliamarsh
    juliamarsh Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 January 2013 at 10:20AM
    Options
    University students should never be charged above the rate of inflation on their student loans. The Government should charge only what is needed to cover their costs and not make a profit out of students for trying to better themselves and further their education.
  • dimples666
    Options
    Ensure all services in every PCT are at similar with times
    EG Urgent Speech Therapy in my Trust 8 months wait, Trust next door 6 week wait
    We shoud all have similar wait times for services no matter where in UK we live.
    loan £57,000!!!!
    Started Sept 2012 - Made 21st £25 payment off arrears =£525
    July 2013 made 11th full payment of £491 to loan, Hooray!!!!!! B XX
  • david589
    Options
    To buy a £200,000 house and save for a £7,000 pension you need £200,000 pension pot. half way through: £100,000 mortgage and £100,000 in pension. Interest on pension above base rates say 4.2%, total fees on pension 2.5% => £6,700 effective fees to manage nothing.
  • Exflyer
    Options
    Those on benefits should be given vouchers rather than cash, that can be redeemed against petrol, food, etc etc.
  • Romum
    Romum Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Make things easier to cancel without hard sell – subscription services/credit cards/store cards. Stop the hard sell and make it law that 1 email, requesting cancellation has to be actioned immediately. Make it easier to get rid of unwanted expenses,debt and available credit. :T
  • georghiades
    Options
    Get rid of road tax and all road tolls and add 1p to petrol/diesel prices. This is the fairest way of pay as you use. The more you drive, the more fuel you use, the more "tax" you pay. Especially with the increase in foreign vehicles on our roads.
    I might have a low emissions vehicle, pay £0 road tax but if I do 20,000 miles a year I use the roads more than a big 4x4 which might pay £400 road tax and does far fewer miles.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zero tolerance of petty crime. no child to stay in abusing home. free electric solar panels if you earn less than 50k. no old person to sell their home to pay for care. stop harassing disabled people. compulsory financial education in schools AND universities. no MP's wage increases this decade.
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • reddishryan
    Options
    I think companies should put the prices of advertising and packaging attached to each unit of sale so we can see if we are paying a lot for the product, or we are just paying for the advertising and packaging. I think this will greatly reduce the spend on superfluous packaging and lower the costs of the goods to the consumer.
  • Bubbleguppie
    Options
    A free phone number to report people avoiding business rate by moving business to home address (often adding new buildings without planning) so they can pay as little back to society as possible.
  • meeshpeesh
    Options
    More season ticket discounts for train fares for commuters. Most of use don't use our season tickets at the weekends and are only saving a few pounds a year compared to buying tickets everyday. A season ticket that was cheaper and only valid on weekdays would be more cost effective for the consumer, thus encouraging more people to travel by rail than car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure