50 word Moneyfesto - Small changes for a big difference 2013

Options

Comments

• jamo76
    jamo76 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    End the stupid, unfair and complicated train ticketing system that nobody likes, and few really understand. Force anyone selling tickets to sell the cheapest possible, even if that includes breaking the journey up into individual tickets.
  • ronangel
    ronangel Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Bring parking/tow away fees and penalties in line with those in other European cities. make them and hours and regulations uniform across the country. All moneys received used for local highway repair.After expenses all profit to central government.
    The richard montgomery matter

• Doodle_do
    Options
    An MP's home should be in his/her constituency. If this is outside a commutable distance to Westminster, a government owned property should be loaned to the MP for the duration of their term in parliament. Leaving only maintenance by set contractors, insurance etc, to pay.
  • Poppysocks
    Options
    BT should be forced to open up all their exchanges. I have to pay an extortionate rate for slow broadband because BT hog my local exchange. This has been going on for years. They should not be allowed to do this.
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Free parking in town/city centres and cheap bus fares - to re-generate our town and city centres - letting agents need to offer incentives to get businesses back into city centres and to get them to stay or offer free rent to new businesses for a short trial period to get business off the ground
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put money management and how to earn a living on the curriculum in schools from Primary School upwards- in its basic form it would teach children to understand you have to earn money before you can spend it and later on educate children about the many pitfalls associated with money
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Gypsysmum
    Options
    Stop Pet Insurance companies from excluding pre existing conditions. It wouldn't happen if you had an accident in a car or your house caught fire so why should they be allowed to effectively trap you into the policy you have when your pet has an accident or becomes ill.
  • sharkmark
    sharkmark Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    I have two kids and I earn 60k a year, My wife earns 13k and i have just lost child benefit. Two of my staff are married and earn 50k each BUT will receive the full amount... Child benefit should be judged on household income
    Tesco is my second home
    :j
  • Reinstate the higher personal allowance for over 65s until the standard allowance catches up. Otherwise, I and others who become 65 in the next few years and have an income just above the higher allowance, will end up paying around £300 a year of extra tax they hadn't budgeted for.
  • Jaxosb
    Options
    Replace Car Tax and 3rd Party Insurance by adding a levy onto the price of fuel. That way you'll pay for how much driving you do and everyone would have basic insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure