The Ultimate February Challenge

Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2013 at 4:49PM
    Options

Thrifty - this new Paypal account was only opened on the 1st Feb. I thought you are restricted in taking it out..? Prey tell - what were you asked on eBay??.. someone wanting to sniff your old trainers??...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not sure how it is with new account (had mine since 2006, only used it once or twice though before ebaying). On my account it gives money as available or pending. It is pending if an ebay buyer hasn't left feedback and after that it becomes available and I can withdraw it even if it hasn't been 21 days yet. The 21 days only count for me if the buyer doesn't leave feedback at all and then they hold it for that long to see if he complains if not I can have the money. Might be different if the payment is not connected to ebay/feedback though. Hope that made sense :o

One question was about a perfume bottle (modern, not vintage or anything, still more than 90% full) and he/she wanted the height and I gave an estimate but then he/she wanted the exact measurement. Either they have a really restricted bath cabinet :rotfl: or want to put it in a display cabinet, God knows....
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all - just popping in quickly between sw and work - and then I'm back to work again - last evening of performance - dont ask!

Sadly the dogs had to be fed so spent £14.48 taking me up to a nail biting total of £105.64 (£4.36 left - gulp!). However I am pushing forward - everyday that i manage takes me further ito debt free land.
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Happy <3 guys!
    Sfd yesterday which was good but blew £7:10 in Mr A today after going in for a valentines card.
    Had some good news cos it looks like oh may be fit to return to work soon. So i won't have to pick up so many overtime shifts to cover his lack of wages. Which will be a relief cos Im a little exhausted. But think I'll miss having him around, although it may mean that i will crack on with some jobs that i have shelved whilst he's been off.

Have realised that thanks to this amazing series of challenges that as well as continuing to pay our debts, bills and food we have had a little breathing space whilst oh has been off. Ok so our emergency fund is depleted but we are no worse off and I've even had repair work done on the car. This is the first time ever we have been in a good situation.

So huge thanks to NSK for the challenge and all you guys that keep me focused.

From a happy L2B.xx
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Just a quickie.. I went to TK Maxx and saw the most beautiful pair of flats by DUNE in my size with little bows for £34.99.. I put them down and walked away. I went into Ann Summers and nearly creased at some beautiful lingerie. I walked away. I picked up a two piece set of suitcases for my impending holidays in another shop.. I walked away..

Round of applause PLEASE!! That was the ultimate test. Sitting at home refraining from buying is one thing but walking into town and leaving empty handed ( bar a Lidls pizza ) is serious progress!!!!!

Now to get home and wade through all those Valentine cards... YEAH RIGHT!!!..:-)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh well done Kat, sending you a long distance pat on the back.

We dont do Valentines Day here. Would rather hubby bought me something randomly just for the sake of it - not that that happens too often but still!

So bad news. I forgot hubbys van needs taxing this month and due to the bad weather hubbys business account is not too healthy. But I will shuffle things around and I know this is just a cash flow thing so I am not too worried.

Half way through the month guys, downhill all the way now! I am making my twice monthly trip to Aldi tomorrow and have even done the list ready. I have promised DS1 lunch out tomorrow, he has not been too well since his hospital treatment on Tuesday. It will only be Sainsburys cafe or somewhere similar and I feel like I have earned a little treat!
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, bit quiet on here today, oh happy birthday Thrifty, hope you are having a good one:)

Another SFD for me, Im supposed to be shopping tomorrow but I dont really need anything, so wont go for the sake of it and wait a couple of more days.

Just got back from a meal out with DD1 and her other half and DGD, they have just got engaged whilst they have been away, really happy for her, for she has had a few really rough years with ex and now Ive never seen her so happy:):) by the way the meal was a treat for me from them:)

Back to work tomorrow for the next four days, supposed it has to be done, no I really do enjoy it - its not hard, I dont think about it once I have clocked out and the people I work with are lovely, its just the thought of having to get up at 4.45:(

Anyway hope everyone is OK and ready for the next 14 days:j
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks nannygladis.

OMG, I still can't believe it. Had a great day, BF got up with the wee man, made coffee and cooked a lovely tea tonight. Then....he proposed. I've been waiting for so long and nearly gave up. Totally over the moon. Better start a new savings account ;)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Congratulations Thrifty :happyhear

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • PurpleJay
    Options
    Hiya

Hubby and I exchanged cards and we had a family valentines tea, mushroom risotto, garlic bread, salad, choc pud and cream. DH and I shared a bottle of white wine and M had apple juice in a wine glass :) DH bought me a reduced price cake stand from Aldi. More a hint to make more cakes than a gift but I like it :)

Congratulations Thrifty!!!

Had coffee with a friend this morning and then an afternoon of eBaying. Got quite a bit listed and plenty more to go.

New bag came. It is a bit small. I don't love it so it can go back. I have ordered a larger grab bag version which was more money when I ordered the first one but is now same price as is now 70% off :) can't believe my luck! And 8% quidco!

Uggs arrived (eBay purchase). Excellent condition so very happy.

Ordered sheets, bath mat and pillows in the bhs sale. All needed but a bit impulsive. Still been looking for grey cotton super king flat sheets for ages and these are a bargain. I am hoping the pillows will resolve my neck ache. Got DH a dressing gown too for his upcoming birthday. Found a 10% off code and got 5% quidco That is the rest of my PayPal money gone but not much 'real' money spent :)

Having an early night. Night all xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Huge congratulations Thrifty.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure