The Ultimate February Challenge

Options

Comments

• karmachilovething
    Options
    PJ, sympathies for the car. Mine is a fairly ancient 15 years old now, and every time I take it to the garage I brace myself for the worst. Luckily never been too bad, and I figure if it's terrible I just have to ditch it.
    Hi all
    We have hardly any food in the house and only a dribble of milk left. Grocery shopping day tomorrow. I have two options - get in the car and drive to the shops or dig out what leftovers I can find in the freezer and make them into something. Hubby might call for some milk on the way home if I send him a nice text. I really dont want to go out and it would be more MSE to concoct something.

Oh I'm with you on that one! I made a slightly suspect chilli last night, just whatever I could fins on the theme. It was OK, just lacking in flavour. I was happy to eat it, but I wouldn't be happy to serve it to somebody else!

Not much to report here. Aiming for a SFD.

Onwards and Upwards
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • PurpleJay
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Some good news today :D

Sainsburys have sent me an evoucher for £12.02 to cover the cost of the root ginger, substitution and a gesture of goodwill. That was worth an email :)

I have had £287.82 in working tax credit unexpectedly paid into my account which will be a massive help towards the car bill :j

Hospital went well. Not torn any ligaments. Referral for physio, can stop wearing the splint. Signed off another week. Back to see consultant in 8 wks.

Have to confess today is not a SFD as I went to Costa :o I had a mushroom and cheese toastie and small skinny latte and they were lovely although it was £5 I shouldn't have spent.

I am supposed to be out for a curry tonight with the NCT ladies which will be lovely. I have arranged a lift and I am hoping it won't be to bad with the weather or we won't be able to go. It is snowing steadily here. Be careful if you are out and about and it is snowing where you are.

Time for a bit of tidying up.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    HI PJ - it must be the day for good news - I hope that others are feeling it as well. Last month I filled in some tax forms to claim back several years of union fees. Truthfully it was a shot in the dark as I could remember claiming years ago and wondered if my tax code had changed to accomodate it. Today I received a cheque for £414.52.:j:j:j Putting this into my spreadsheet suggests that, on current performance my first debt will be paid by the end of June :T

Otherwise today is SFD number 8. The dog food will need buying tomorrow and its nice to think that there will be a little slack in the finances.

Lots of love and kisses to everyone for tomorrow - hope that the snow is okay where you are xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • CandyCupcake
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So I am currently on SFD number 12! Only 8 more to go until I hit the target of 20. Friday unfortunately won't be a SFD as we are going for a meal for the partners birthday so I will be covering his drinks (his meal is free from the restaurant because its his birthday :j)

2013 seems to be a good year so far, fingers crossed this continues. I am seeing my debt decrease and its amazing. This thread/s has helped me so much reading everyone's ups and downs and everyone's support is unreal.

I have asked in work to be moved to permanent late shifts as I earn more money doing this so hopefully I will get it and I the debts can be reduced even quicker!

Candy
    x
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Evening Chickadees.. :T:T:T

What a jolly freezing day it is! Firstly well done to all who are plowing into forms and claiming back lots of money! I LOVE unexpected pay-outs and returns so this is super cool. I tried the same with the tax office due to the amount of overtime I do and the possibility that things hadn't balanced very well - no such luck! I am on a code whereby ones employer balances the books and tax every month should you be under/over.... I want a big wad of cash!!!

I started a new Paypal account in which money earned "on the side" for writing etc is paid there instead of what is attached to eBay. Anyone know if it can be withdrawn immediately after 21 days..? Or before..? I am too scared to try..:p..Now sitting at £287.50 although I am still expecting someone to demand a refund. I hate it when people don't ask the correct questions about an item or don't read the description properly. :mad:

I have precisely £67 left in my petrol account which means I HAVE to use the bike next week and until the end of the month. I refuse to use eBay money on it. The above amounts to at least 3 full tanks of petrol which I will have to stretch for precisely 221 miles. On a motorbike this can be done, with money coming into my account from the parents for the Land Loan on the 28th I might be able to be super careful - but with this weather I just want to thrash it and get home!!! ( don't tell Mummy )..

PJ - I laughed when you mentioned the moggy sitting behind the blinds. Mine loves it and has left all her fur stuck to the blinds. Knocks off tea cups and books that I stupidly leave there as well.. although the little blighter got under the duvet for warmth and cuddles this morning which is lovely...

Speaking of the moggy - she has been booked into get booster jabs, worming tablets and flea treatment to the tune of £70 on Friday. This will have to go on my CC although I am tempted to leave it until the end of the month and budget it in on Payday... actually I think I will do that come to think of it..

I shall be spending tomorrow evening on my own eBaying.. do I care. A little bit.. but I wince at the prices of things on offer for a made up festival that lasts a day with everything being half price the following day. I would rather have a log fire, good food and cuddles really... but alas I have a pink fluffy hot water bottle, a pizza I have to construct myself cause my inherent penny-pinching genes won't let me near the local take-away and cuddles from a fluffy bitey temperamental tabby!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Anyone else got something better planned...

Naughty Abundant has spent all his money...;-).. although it sounds like there is a proper feast happening in his cupboards...NannyG I want chickens... but once I own my house. It's proving bad enough trying to find accommodation with a moggy...PJ the amount you have got back is superb and what a win for sorting the whole car issue..

Hmmmmm now what else have I got to sell... anything with a brand name seems to be going fast...

Right must dash... more soon from NSK's weird and magical world of "tat selling"...

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Well I didnt go to the shops so I am quite proud of that. I found some chicken thighs in the back of the freezer that have been there for ages so I made these into a fairly respectable pie. Even the dog has been fed with the bits that I didnt want to put in the pie!!

Hubby forgot the milk. He suggested we break open one of the precious bottles of wine that was left over from Christmas instead of drinking tea/coffee. Sounds OK to me! There is just enough milk for a brew first thing tomorrow.

Emptied DS2s dinner money pot and found that there is more money in there than there should be. Not sure why but it means the money I have budgeted for school dinners isnt needed. And I found £10 in a coat pocket this afternoon. Feel like I have won the lottery!

Well done on the ebaying Kat. I had a big ebaying session just after Christmas so I am having a rest from it - although starting to accumulate a little pile of ebayable things in the wardrobe. Its my birthday at the weekend and I am not even bothered about going out. We have got a voucher for a cheap meal in a local restaurant so will use that half way between my birthday and hubbys. I am really getting fired up with this debt busting!

Hope its not too snowy and everyone has had a safe journey home - been really awful here. Take care all x
  • Oompa_Loompa_2
    Options
    :rotfl:at the forgotten birthday and cake story!! Totally something I would do! I feel fine about tomorrow - better to be single than to have to buy something for Valentines and leave it in an obvious place before going to work to "remind" him, when you're in a relationship that just isn't right anyway. Cuddles are missed, but not when most other things are wrong. Received vouchers today due to a complaint! Less than the rest of you, but still something! A&*oints are dire! 30 I'm at! And I'm not sure I can be bothered checking now because it's a waste of time! Maybe too many people are doing them so they've cut back?! Swimming lessons are so worth it, it's something my mum invested in for us and I really appreciate it now that we learnt at a young age. I'd say it's an investment :) I'm doing well on NSDs, no spends apart from YS stuff for the majority of the time. NSK's ebaying is just immense! What an effort! :beer: February seems to have whizzed by compared to last month! Onwards and upwards! (see Kat, your followers know the catchphrase now! It's catching on! :rotfl:)
  • thriftylass
    Options
    Gosh, congratulations on all the payouts.

Re paypal Kat: I usually withdraw my money as soon as it's available as it usually means they left feedback and are happy.

Had a massive bakethon tonight and made cupcakes, choc cookies and lemony cookies with cream filling for us and work tomorrow (it's custom to bring cakes or similar for the coffee room on birthdays). So to save time tea was left over lasagne from the freezer.

Got some strange questions of someone interested in on of my eBay items but as long as it means he starts bidding that's fine ;)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hellooooooo! Anybody there, it's a bit lonely here :)

My cookies went like hot buns.

Had another SFD today and hubby is going to cook b'day/valentines tea tonight. Looking fwd to my day off tomorrow without child or hubby and get stuff done in the house.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Where is everybody?? Last minute preps for tonight's love in?? Or are you all finding it difficult to push past all those cards by the front door??.. I am super ready to go home right now. I have had ENOUGH of work!

Thrifty - this new Paypal account was only opened on the 1st Feb. I thought you are restricted in taking it out..? Prey tell - what were you asked on eBay??.. someone wanting to sniff your old trainers??...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oompa Loompa I am hoping to hit a further £50 - £100 tonight. Doubt it will happen though. I AM RUTHLESS!!!...:T:T:T

Onwards and Upwards. ..more later from eBay land!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure