Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• junglie846
    Options
    sadly my experience of SP is along the same line of yours - basic administrative tasks seem utterly beyond them. I'm transferring just as soon as I can get them to take the action I requested months ago (which is apparently preventing me from being able to switch companies - er brilliant.......)

Good luck.
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't get me started on this shower !
    Even the most simple tasks are beyond their understanding.
    Moved into a new build/converted block of flats in August 2015.
    SP were the deemed suppliers for gas/electric so set up the account etc etc.
    I then found out i could not change suppliers because the profile class on my MPAN was wrong (i was 03 then 00 now meant to be 01 - the correct MPAN class).
    The usual phone/email/letter chase ensued with the usual stock replies - with of course nothing changing.
    Not only that but the Meter Serial Number installed by Manweb (owned by you guessed it) was wrong on my bills.
    I will be going through the ombudsman route.
    Pathetic
  • jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2016 at 10:29AM
    Options
    For once - and maybe never again! - I do have to put in a good word for SP on several counts, and, BTW, all my correspondence with them has been by email, rather than by phone, as that does seem to work:
    - When I requested a change in tariff at the end of my last fix in Mid 2015, they made it happen very quickly and that reduced my monthly DD to £116 from £130+.
    - When checking my consumption and bills figures for the last 2-3 years yesterday, I found that they had then reduced that to £101 late last year. Probably because we had had exterior wall insulation installed in the Spring of 2015, and the benefits are really showing now with the house staying much warmer overnight without the c/h being on (whereas it was on 24/7 this time last year).

- Over time, and with a little persistence by me, we have never run up either a substantial deficit or over-payment balance.
    - When doing that check about this time yesterday morning, I found that one of the on-line bill pdfs was corrupted, and emailed them to ask for a readable copy. Then we went out (cat to vet) and when we got back around noon, there was an email from SP with the requested pdf!

Therefore, on this performance, I am wondering whether to switch. I was going to consider switching to OVO, but (in someone else's post this morning) the March-onwards rates - especially the Standing Charges - actually look a lot higher.
    (when I checked around before renewing last summer, I worked out that SP appeared to be only about £60 a year more expensive than some of "new kids on the block" and so decided to stay with SP.

PS: Our house is in W.London.
  • Trixabell
    Options
    I have tried to raise a formal complaint by email to SP but it is just getting deflected back by cutsomer services representatives.

Spoken to them on the phone to escalte it higher but not getting anywhere. I have also just been lied to on the phone! Does any one have an alternative email address I can send my complaint to?

Thanks in advance
  • Gaatmagie
    Options
    I switched to Scottish Power 6 months ago and have waited to see how it all panned out due to the bad customer reviews I had read. Can honestly say the switch went problem free, the on-line account is easy to use and I have had excellent service thus far. In fact after 3 lots of monthly readings, they wanted to reduce my DD but I reset it back to the same level as the mild winter is giving lower usage then normal. I am in credit ATM.
  • dcouponzzzz
    Options
    I had a shockingly poor experience with Scottish Power and their choice of contractor with G4S. I was given an install date to switch from top up to prepay meters for 5th Feb, and with my work arrangements I can only be present by taking a vacation from work.

My slot was between 8am-1pm, so at 10.30am I get a call from G4S to say the technician has called in sick... they have no alternative arrangement options except to wait another 2 weeks. Not only will this cost me another vacation day just to be present (which is required) but surely they could have warned me at 8am. How can G4S guarantee they won't mess up the next appointment and waste another of my vacation days?

I notified Scottish Power and they also have no alternative arrangements. I was provided with a case number for my complaint and told I'd be called back within 4 hours, however no such call was received. I can't fathom how a company can allow a single point of failure in the customer service strategy... sort it out.

Edit: As a result, I won't be on prepay meters on time to join this Big Energy Switch by the 18th Feb as a result. Thanks for costing me another 300quid SP.
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • Scotlands_Lite
    Options
    I'm sure they used to have an obligation in their Standards of Service to pay compensation (think it was between £20-25 depending on circumstances) for missed appointments.

Call 0800 001 5228 (this is a dedicated complaints line at SP) and point this out to them whilst chasing up your complaint / new appointment.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure they used to have an obligation in their Standards of Service to pay compensation (think it was between £20-25 depending on circumstances) for missed appointments.

Call 0800 001 5228 (this is a dedicated complaints line at SP) and point this out to them whilst chasing up your complaint / new appointment.

They do indeed. I got 2x lots as they missed 2 appointments. the first one they just gave me, the 2nd one I had to remind them about.
  • Karen_444
    Options
    First time switch to Scottish Power. Website did not work properly to give the start readings - phoned the free phone number and they answered after 3 rings and took readings. Bills and website great.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback