Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 11 September 2017 at 1:59PM in Energy
1.8K replies 260.6K views
1169170171172173175»

Replies

• notionalnotional Forumite
    34 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Have you been able to enter both of the start reads now?

With a change of supplier the smart functionality can sometimes be slightly delayed. 

You can track the switch via your online account and it should show what reads we've started the account from, what does it say?
    I got an email which included an electricity meter reading which looks like they got it from the smart meter (it wasn't the one I gave in the web form but was close).  I've since received another email which says the switch is now complete.  Although weirdly I then got a text saying my starting meter readings are needed, but I've ignored that.  Many thanks for your response, hopefully things will go smoothly now.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    notional said:

Have you been able to enter both of the start reads now?

With a change of supplier the smart functionality can sometimes be slightly delayed. 

You can track the switch via your online account and it should show what reads we've started the account from, what does it say?
    I got an email which included an electricity meter reading which looks like they got it from the smart meter (it wasn't the one I gave in the web form but was close).  I've since received another email which says the switch is now complete.  Although weirdly I then got a text saying my starting meter readings are needed, but I've ignored that.  Many thanks for your response, hopefully things will go smoothly now.
    Morning notional,

Thank you for the update, sounds like things are going in the right direction.

I still think it's best to keep a close eye on your online account, as this will show the reads we've used.

Thanks again

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • chinychiny Forumite
    167 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    A while back, I swapped my electricity supply away from EOn, but retained EOn as my gas supplier.   After some weeks, EOn responded by flagging my account as "About to be closed".   On querying why the account was to be closed despite their supplying gas, I received an email saying: Don't worry I've checked your account, your electricity has not left us and we no longer supply this.   Ah well, at least the account closure flag has vanished from their web site.

It does appear than EOn realise they need to improve their customer management, so there is hope for us all.
  • Testrix456Testrix456 Forumite
    6 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I am a low user and so daily charge is important to me. I changed to Eon following a price comparison on MSE showing their latest deal to be a saver for me. I checked & their deal showed a daily charge on fixed v36 as 7.555p for both gas & electric (& no mention of a smart meter requirement).. I thankfully have a screen shot of the offered tariff.. I’ve just gone onto my online acct and it shows fixed v36 as daily charge of 10.499 for both gas & electric. I Know that wasn’t what I signed up for. Can they change the tariff details between me signing up & them starting to supply ? 
  • SmodletSmodlet Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to butt in, Testrix456 but may I ask if you are certain it is exactly the same tariff as the one you wanted?  E.on have (or had) an unpleasant habit of changing tariffs two or three times a week and giving them very similar names.  For instance, my current tariff is a Fix Online version (number) but there was also a series of tariffs called Fixed Online Exclusive version (number) so it was very easy to confuse the two.  A quick look at the CEC seems to indicate the Exclusive range has now been abandoned; at least, I could not find any.

If you can prove they have changed the terms since you signed up you could either dispute it or, if you are still within the 14 days cooling off period, just cancel the switch and look elsewhere.  HTH.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    G_M's stickies have come unstuck!
  • Testrix456Testrix456 Forumite
    6 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Smodlet - I’m now outside my cooling off period. Only checked the details of the charges when I was looking at the T&Cs as I keep getting texts from Eon asking to arrange a smart meter installation & I was sure it had just said about them contacting me about a Smart meter when I signed up, not that it was a condition.  I actually had an email from their customer service on Friday asking for a copy of the screen shot  - & in the almost incomprehensible body of the email, the adviser said I was on yet another version of v36 - that wasn’t the same as the one I signed up for OR the one shown on my online account... I await their next reply!
  • nick270891nick270891 Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    URGE EVERYBODY TO STAY WELL CLEAR OF EON!!
    After being a customer of eon for several years I am disgusted at the way i have been treated. Faulty meters, incorrect Bill's, taking unauthorised money from the bank, 4 failed direct debits, eon employees coming into the home to take meter readings and not using the meter readings, unreturned calls, 3 times in a year they have taken large sums out of my bank account with no explanation, no correspondence even though they claim they have, poor customer service, changing my tariff without letting me know and then demanding the money with the extortionate rates, the list goes on and on. Safe to say I have now come away from eon and am currently seeking legal advice and the ombudsman has been contacted.
  • HarryDavies01HarryDavies01 Forumite
    90 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    URGE EVERYBODY TO STAY WELL CLEAR OF EON!!
    After being a customer of eon for several years I am disgusted at the way i have been treated. Faulty meters, incorrect Bill's, taking unauthorised money from the bank, 4 failed direct debits, eon employees coming into the home to take meter readings and not using the meter readings, unreturned calls, 3 times in a year they have taken large sums out of my bank account with no explanation, no correspondence even though they claim they have, poor customer service, changing my tariff without letting me know and then demanding the money with the extortionate rates, the list goes on and on. Safe to say I have now come away from eon and am currently seeking legal advice and the ombudsman has been contacted.
    Completely agree with you! We moved into a house that was supplied by Eon. Firstly we couldn't set up an account with them as they decided to profit from Coronavirus and furlough most of their employees. After weeks of constant live chat conversations they finally set up an account literally the day before our British Gas switch. Then then accepted and confirmed they accepted our final meter readings to British Gas but decided to use an estimated reading for the Gas so they could profit further by charging for more energy than what was actually used. I contacted them and British Gas about the estimated Gas reading and British Gas confirmed Eon accepted the meter readings. Eon refused to investigate and basically said if i don't pay within 2 weeks they will refer my bill to the debt collectors. Awful company and will never use!! So glad i switched. 
  • mirelle_2mirelle_2 Forumite
    4 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Oh no, I wish I had found this thread and your post before I joined EON it was only a couple of months before the start of CV19 and I am so disappointed with them already. I feel they have misrepresented their prices to gain customers in my opinion not impressed. I agree with you  100 % stay well away from EON. The offer and price looked great but in my opinion, it was a con. Mirelle
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    mirelle_2 said:
    Oh no, I wish I had found this thread and your post before I joined EON it was only a couple of months before the start of CV19 and I am so disappointed with them already. I feel they have misrepresented their prices to gain customers in my opinion not impressed. I agree with you  100 % stay well away from EON. The offer and price looked great but in my opinion, it was a con. Mirelle
    Are you really saying you signed up to a fixed tariff but that their kWh rates and /or daly charges have been increased before the end of the agreed contract period?