Outrageous Liars

Options

Comments

• lemonpopcorn
    Options
    there was a woman I knew who's kids were a similar age to mine and went to the same school, I felt a little sorry for her when she told me she'd moved to our area as her ex was violent, fast forward a few months later when somehow I ended up at hers one evening having a drink, whilst I was on my first glass of wine she was almost on her second bottle.
    then came the stories of how her ex had killed 10 of her children and she'd been to the police and they didn't believe her as he was a convincing liar, how all these good looking men in the local area were after her and (her stinky yellow teeth, fag ash breath and face like a kicked in pastie) and were promising to leave their wives for her, then she told me that a mutual friend was a lesbian (that bit was true) who kept on inviting her to ann summers parties and with all her lesbian friends and she was scared to go in case she was gang raped by a load of horny lesbians with dildo's cos she was so irresistible :eek:

well fast forward another few months when I'd managed to distance myself from her and found myself a few seats behind her on the bus, I was with my OH and heard her telling the new friend sitting next to her that she'd been shagging my OH and describing his intimate bits (totally inaccurate description so knew she was lying and I knew he wouldn't touch her with a barge pole never mind his pole)

well he had to restrain me cos I wasn't prepared to be reasonable at that point, luckily she made a quick exit when the bus stopped.

However karma arrived a few days later when i bumped into mutual lesbian friend who I felt needed to know about rumours said woman was spreading, to say she was unhappy was an understatement, strangely said liar appeared a few days later sporting a black eye after mutual friend's lover challenged her about the lies :rotfl::D
    Sealed pot challenge - member no:506
    £2 savers club - member number: 36
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    One of the big failings I've found with liars is their poor memory to stick to one story. It's often the first sign of their untruths when they start contradicting themselves, either where they are outlandish or not.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    sassyblue wrote: »
    I did laugh at one of the comments....

He's a handsome fellow what woman could resist his charms? Ladies If you haven't visited your optician recently remember regular eyed checks are a must. If you are lonely call me I am a billionaire President of Russia and own seven gold mines.

:rotfl:

I'm fairly packed with charm, quite funny (so I'm told) and reasonably good to be around, but I don't expect every woman to jump into bed with me, purely as I don't have time!

Surely being a Doctor, Barrister, DPP etc, he wouldn't have time either, one would think :eek:

I can't believe that he had as little respect for the women as he did, however I was brought up to respect women at the same time.

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • *Chattie*
    *Chattie* Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    I'm fairly packed with charm, quite funny (so I'm told) and reasonably good to be around, but I don't expect every woman to jump into bed with me, purely as I don't have time!

Surely being a Doctor, Barrister, DPP etc, he wouldn't have time either, one would think :eek:

I can't believe that he had as little respect for the women as he did, however I was brought up to respect women at the same time.

CK

Outrageous liars eh who would believe it
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinking things over these last couple of days l remembered a woman l once worked with who told the most amazing tall tales.

She'd won countless things in Take A Break (she did always have the magazine but l doubt she was telling the truth), her family were associates of the Krays (she came from London - why would you want to associate yourselves with them??), she had timeshare apartments in several places, owned horses, hubby worked away and was earning £1,000's..... The reality was she drove a banger, lived in a filthy run down house and there were no horses. I just think she was really insecure because she was incredibly overweight, but she was a lovely person despite the lies and really pretty, so we all felt sorry for her. :(

Happy moneysaving all.
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Options
    Some of them (like 6th form guy) seem to enjoy being caught lying. Goodness knows why. Maybe it makes them feel important that people are discussing what they said and looking for the holes in the stories?
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • skipsmum
    skipsmum Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    RE Grandmother's funerals - I went to 3 last tax year, as DHs mum's mum died in Oct, and his dads mum died in feb, and his dads stepmum died in November. I felt like a liar when I asked for a third morning off for a grans funeral :(
    RE SAS, I took DS to family karate. There was a dad there who "couldn't do karate with his son because he was ex-SBS and he wasn't allowed to use his training in case he hurt someone.
    Hes a local man, his brother works with my DH. Needless to say, his family knew nothing about it!
    With Sparkles! :happylove And Shiny Things!
  • olibrofiz
    olibrofiz Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    sassyblue wrote: »
    I did laugh at one of the comments....

He's a handsome fellow what woman could resist his charms? Ladies If you haven't visited your optician recently remember regular eyed checks are a must. If you are lonely call me I am a billionaire President of Russia and own seven gold mines.

:rotfl:

Must say that when I found the link last night, and read it through I pmsl about him masquerading as a ballet dancer :rotfl::rotfl:

when he was 21 he was pretending to be a doc at the local hospital - if i remember right he actually managed to examine quite a few people before he got sussed :eek::eek:

what a twit
  • bangersnmash
    bangersnmash Posts: 9,719 Forumite
    Options
    This reminds me of some of the interesting deception in nature and the gains of either honesty or lying or a mix of the two so here’s a couple of delightful essay articles that popped up on googly, just for you :

The Art of Deception
    Sometimes survival means lying, stealing, or vanishing in place.
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/08/mimicry/angier-text

Devious Butterflies, Full-Throated Frogs and Other Liars

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/26/science/26lying.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And, as usual, the oracle has a splendid piece about it and a big list of related subjects, what a feast of lying, dozens of types, beyond my wildest imagination, I feel bloated and gorged and too fat to stuff any more down me at the moment after all this :

Deception

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    My ex has told me so many lies, I don't trust a single thing he says anymore. ( unfortunately we have a child together so I can't just disassociate from him, as much as I would like to!)

Just this last Sunday, he texted me to say he couldn't spend time with our son that evening as he was ' in A/E with a suspected heart attack'. I asked him repeatedly what hospital, but he kept evading the question, although he did let slip in his first text what area he was in. Something just didn't gel with me- I am a trained nurse with cardiac experience, and normally, any ache or pain he has he would be on the 'phone to me asking my opinion. We have actually been quite amicable since Christmas so it seemed even more unlikely that he wouldn't tell me he was having symptoms.

When I kept insisting he tell me where he was, he eventually said he had to turn his phone off due to regs and became unreachable. By this time, I have my 22 year old stepson texting me, scared (he had also told him.)

I started ringing around the area he said he was in, and was lucky to hit on a really helpful man who went on the database of all the hospitals he had listed looking for him- by name, age,dob, symptoms- every possible permutation he could enter into the system.he wasn't listed at all. By this time my ex had tested he was 'ok with a pinched nerve causing pins and needles in arms and I have to lay off lucozade for a while, but they are keeping me in until tomorrow' I asked him again where he was : crickets. Turned off his phone again.

I then contacted the other 3 hospitals in the area with an emergency department, plus all those in the areas surrounding the county he was supposed to be in - again, he was not listed.

I have since spoken to him and told him I know he lied. I have no definite idea why he did it. I have told him to prove me wrong by showing me his discharge letter from the hospital, and he just said ' we can discuss that another time'

Lol. Gotcha!

The thing is, I was worried- he is the father of our child who has special needs and worships his dad. His oldest boy's mum cleared off to Kenya some years ago and has no input in his life- so his dad is so important to him. He was willing to worry us both sick- and the only motive I can think of is he was trying to get money out of his brother.

I always know when he is lying- his lips are moving!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure