The Great 'What women want for Valentine's' Hunt

Comments

• towner
    towner Posts: 11 Forumite
    A voucher for my hair salon, or one for a beautician for eyebrows etc.
    I like stuff I am going to use!!
  • Breakfast in bed
  • I would love a whole day of not having to clear up behind him!:D
  • What I'd like to for Valentine's Day is to not have society and commercial groups tell my partner (man or woman) that the day is about me because I'm a woman. This is the 21st century! Why can't it be about being in love with your partner and celebrating that or, if you're single, getting out with your friends to show them how much you love (appreciate, whatever) them for being in your life. The day should be about showing others around you that you are grateful for them in your life, not about buying a tacky present for your woman.
    :A Thanks to all the lovely people who contribute their advice! :A
  • Why is it all about the man wooing the woman? I would love for my dear wife to take charge and cook for me for a change (and yes, for a change maybe I do the lanudry!). But the overall culture seems a little one-sided.

That said - I do find that (mostly!) women have a much better handle on buying things than us men!
  • I just love to be cuddled!

I also love to explore so I like to be taken to new places.
  • Suzeh
    Suzeh Posts: 7 Forumite
    My partner and I have agreed not to buy cards/gifts for valentine's day. We just have extra kisses and cuddles and say "happy valentine's" :smileyhea
  • I'd love him to say 'I love you' again (and mean it) and some beautiful flowers...
  • Hubby hates Valentine's Day for being too commercial so does not like to mark it, or for me to do anything for him. I get this, and so that is what we do. But it would be lovely if we could sit down and share a nice meal and a quiet evening together. I don't want anything bought, but I would love it if we could celebrate Valentine's Day non-commercially. (Would also be quite pleased if he remembered my birthday or helped the kids to get celebrate Mothers' Day - because they want to and are too young to sort it out themselves, rather than because I want them to, but never mind.)

Also agree with poster above that it is nice to celebrate love for a partner whenever, rather than just an appointed day. Essentially, it would be nice to be thought about occasionally, and for my beloved to accept being thought about, too.
  • BrownEyedGirlUK
    BrownEyedGirlUK Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 30 January 2013 at 3:27PM
    Just a hug. I'd rather be surprised with a (cheap or free) treat on any other day of the year.

But if you do want to get something for someone special, especially if it really is a valentine and you aren't together yet, make sure you do/get something that particularly means something to her, and not flowers/cards/chocolates/lingerie/something pink/something red/something fluffy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure