The Great 'What women want for Valentine's' Hunt

Comments

• BabyBoots
    BabyBoots Posts: 544 Forumite
    Maybe I'm just traditional, but red roses and a big kiss will suit me fine!
  • Redleela
    Redleela Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Breakfast in bed is nice (I think I'll do that for my OH). A foot massage. Sharing a glass of fizz & a bath (cava or chilled white wine will also do).

My OH is also getting a small box of fancy chocs & a card. We don't like to go out for a meal on Valentine's Day as restaurants are crowded with other couples. Also the set menus & service usually aren't great. So if we do go out we choose a different day.
  • ska_lover wrote: »
    Yeahhhhhhhhhh flowers delievered at work so all those other office b1ttches, i mean co-workers will be jealous...I've always fancied that!!

Myu husband once sent me flowers at work when he was abroad for my birthday. You could have fried an egg on my face!
  • sleep... that would make me the happiest person on this planet lol
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • I've been told in advance that he's getting us a tree! Because cut flowers die and he wants something that will outlive us both. I was VERY touched by the thought and we plan to choose the tree together this weekend. This is our second Valentine's Day together.

I've never wanted meals out on 14th because the menus are generally disappointing and there's no atmosphere in the restaurants.
  • My mans' heart, Today,Tomorrow and Forever. Always, and Forever, you Are Always On My Mind, xxxxxxxxx PLUS..... WHEN you convince your man about your "butterflies", you need Him to "acquire" a butterfly net, and let you know he HAS one... If you spend w-ends together, acquire the album "afrodisiac"..... 40 original soulful classics. LOL ( :) )
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Last year I got an amazing Valentine's present - whisked away to Prague as a surprise and proposed to in front of the castle in the beautiful snow :)

We are romantic all year round but we also love 'occasions'. My OH is absolutely brilliant at presents - has never got me a dud gift. But what I would really like is him to cook me a meal. A whole meal, more than one course, that he plans, shops for and cooks, without letting me near the kitchen. I think this is very unlikely to happen (and certainly won't this Valentine's, as I am doing the fancy meal on the Saturday) but I live in hope. In our relationship he has cooked twice - once he made me a birthday cake, which was brilliant and the first time he had baked anything since primary school. The second time he cooked me a meal on my birthday and it was a disaster - not his falt, it was a really dodgy recipe. So that would be something I'd love.

That said, he does very well at spoiling me and showing his love in other ways and I know I am the cook in the relationship. You can't have it all!

I will be interested to see what he gets me for V day this year as he is the one who insisted we do 'proper presents' (we didn't last year and of course I found out why when I got woken up and told to pack :) ) but he has had absolutely no time. I have got him an expensive tie he has been after. I wonder if he is planning to give me one of the half price Soap and Glory gift sets we picked up in the post-Christmas sales.....!!
  • Belair
    Belair Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have all I need for Valentines. my wonderful husband. We always have a special meal with champagne, but, just knowing that he loves me is enough for me. :happylove:smileyhea:iloveyou:
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Belair wrote: »
    I have all I need for Valentines. my wonderful husband. We always have a special meal with champagne, but, just knowing that he loves me is enough for me. :happylove:smileyhea:iloveyou:
    Gosh I have you well trained! :rotfl: Only joking! :iloveyou: too!
  • omendata
    omendata Posts: 102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Amazing that its just women that expect to get pressies

What about us guys

Valentines day is a shopping con

So its all about the womans expectations no wonder most men cant be bothered with it...

Sod Valentines day just forget it and move on...Lifes too short...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure