Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Options

Comments

• richclever
    Options
    Still not working regardless of the message Lloyds have put on the corporate page.

Thanks for keeping this up to date everyone, hopefully normal service will resume soon.
  • Henry-Root
    Options
    gorbyuk wrote: »
    Went into the branch and complained about Halifax fault received £10 credit I'm just hoping they sort it for my wages going in tomorrow!!

The Halifax tell me that if SO's have been paid using FP in the past they will also be delayed by up to 24 hours. :(

They also explain that they would not ever advise their customers either through on-line banking or on the internet that they had a problem as "they do not guarantee a 2 hour service." I registered a complaint so let us hope that they cough up.

Typical banking shambles of half promises and excuses but little real action I am afraid.
    :T If a job needs doing, do it :T
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest, no bank has ever guaranteed a 2 hour service. The best we have ever got is "By the end of the next working day", which is the same as specified by the PSD.
  • twinkUK
    twinkUK Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Henry-Root wrote: »
    They also explain that they would not ever advise their customers either through on-line banking or on the internet that they had a problem as "they do not guarantee a 2 hour service."

Well that's a pretty poor reason - if I'd known there was a problem (regardless of whether they guarantee 2 hours or not) I wouldn't have initiated the transfer and would have gone to a cashpoint instead of sending my money into the ether where it's neither paying the bills that it was intended for nor can I get my hands on it when I need it
    Top Wins - £1,900 ITV Real Deal, titanium bike frame, 55" TV & 12m Sky Q, signed guitar, 7 night eco break, 100 iTunes credits, Blu-ray player, PS4, TV/blu-ray player/speakers/PS3, Bike Lock, tix to Marc Almond, Bon Jovi, Charlatans, PiL & backstage with Peter Hook & Howard Marks
  • sankeylindsey1977
    Options
    I just called them...again! I am told that if the faster payments error is not rectified by the end of today then faster payments made today will be done after midnight. Grrr, I'm waiting for money into my Halifax account and also into my Barclays one from a Halifax account and really could've done with it today...looks like the best I can hope for is tomorrow morning!
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well they will already have the dates, right? I mean when you make a payment from halifax you can do advance dates, so yours will simply be paid tomorrow as you agreed.
    No, they only have the date it insisted on defaulting to (ie tomorrow).

Halifax were quoted as saying that, if it's fixed today, all payments will then go through straightaway.

But the system no longer (AFAICS) has any record that I originally asked for a FP with today's date, so it can't go through straightaway.

I can only think that I shall have to keep logging in and trying to change it to today's date, though it's now too late to save me overdraft interest at FD.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    No, they only have the date it insisted on defaulting to (ie tomorrow).

Halifax were quoted as saying that, if it's fixed today, all payments will then go through straightaway.

But the system no longer (AFAICS) has any record that I originally asked for a FP with today's date, so it can't go through straightaway.

I can only think that I shall have to keep logging in and trying to change it to today's date, though it's now too late to save me overdraft interest at FD.

ok, i saw the same message, but held back. I assume you cant amend the date/amount etc... if you have agreed to send tomorrow???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • anotherpaul_2
    Options
    I've managed to request a faster payment from my Intelligent Finance account to my Lloyds account. The money has left my IF account and not been returned, though it hasn't arrived at Lloyds yet. My failed SO from this morning has also reappeared in the pending payments list, though it hasn't been processed yet.

(I hope Lionmike isn't going to end up paying his staff twice!)
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok, i saw the same message, but held back. I assume you cant amend the date/amount etc... if you have agreed to send tomorrow???

I assume you got the following halifax message:

"Unfortunately your payment won't go through immediately as a Faster Payment. Please only continue if you're happy for this payment to be processed the next working day"
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • lionmike
    lionmike Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I've managed to request a faster payment from my Intelligent Finance account to my Lloyds account. The money has left my IF account and not been returned, though it hasn't arrived at Lloyds yet. My failed SO from this morning has also reappeared in the pending payments list, though it hasn't been processed yet.

(I hope Lionmike isn't going to end up paying his staff twice!)

I hope so too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport