Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Options

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lionmike wrote: »
    As the wages were returned to our account we have now paid the staff their wages by cheque or getting them cash (whichever they preferred). They still have the inconvenience of having to pay in but at least we are in a town centre so our bank and Halifax & Lloyds banks are all nearby. Hopefully their DDs and SOs will be ok if they paid the cash in this lunchtime.

i see you are a good employer :)
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    How will that work?

My payment (intended to go today by FP from LTSB) is sitting there with a scheduled payment date of 22 Jan. If the system is fixed today, how are they going to be able to separate payments like mine from payments that were originally intended to be sent on 22 Jan?

well they will already have the dates, right? I mean when you make a payment from halifax you can do advance dates, so yours will simply be paid tomorrow as you agreed.
  • lionmike
    lionmike Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    i see you are a good employer :)

We could do this as a small local firm, but obviously no chance for large national firms to do this
  • trinidadone
    Options
    We could do this as a small local firm, but obviously no chance for large national firms to do this

true, I mean imagine you was a big store chain like B&Q or a local council, it would be crazy, it still shows you are a responsible and good employer
  • channz76
    Options
    As the wages were returned to our account we have now paid the staff their wages by cheque or getting them cash (whichever they preferred). They still have the inconvenience of having to pay in but at least we are in a town centre so our bank and Halifax & Lloyds banks are all nearby. Hopefully their DDs and SOs will be ok if they paid the cash in this lunchtime.

Everyone seems to be denying any existence of this problem! Just out of interest, do you pay your staff by BACS or faster payments on the day they are due to get paid? As mine was due in today by BACS on the 21st as always - hasn't arrived and my employer are saying they arent aware of any issues but i'm getting mixed messages from Lloyds TSB...
  • twinkUK
    twinkUK Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting that Lloyds haven't made any kind of statement, not even on their internet banking page about there currently being a problem, presumably hoping they can fix it before anyone causes a fuss. Not even a mention of it on twitter so I tweeted them about it and got this not terribly helpful reply:

Sorry; we're currently investigating a fault with Faster Payments & hope to resolve this as quickly as possible
    Top Wins - £1,900 ITV Real Deal, titanium bike frame, 55" TV & 12m Sky Q, signed guitar, 7 night eco break, 100 iTunes credits, Blu-ray player, PS4, TV/blu-ray player/speakers/PS3, Bike Lock, tix to Marc Almond, Bon Jovi, Charlatans, PiL & backstage with Peter Hook & Howard Marks
  • lionmike
    lionmike Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    channz76 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be denying any existence of this problem! Just out of interest, do you pay your staff by BACS or faster payments on the day they are due to get paid? As mine was due in today by BACS on the 21st as always - hasn't arrived and my employer are saying they arent aware of any issues but i'm getting mixed messages from Lloyds TSB...

We pay by BACS. Ask your employers to check their bank account to see if (like us) some of the wages have been returned. This was how we discovered the problem.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    twinkUK wrote: »
    Interesting that Lloyds haven't made any kind of statement, not even on their internet banking page about there currently being a problem, presumably hoping they can fix it before anyone causes a fuss. Not even a mention of it on twitter so I tweeted them about it and got this not terribly helpful reply:

Sorry; we're currently investigating a fault with Faster Payments & hope to resolve this as quickly as possible

its the same with Halifax, no mention of the fault on there website. you only learn of the fault with halifax once you start a FP. there banking line is aware though, but you hve to ring to enquire
  • flipdee
    flipdee Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Is this "the official" statement we're all wondering about?
    http://www.corporatemarkets.lloydstsb.com/servicemessage/servicemessage.php

"Corporate" is obviously higher up on the priority list.

Strangely enough I'm still waiting on a late transfer from Bank of Ireland into First Direct, probably not related, just Bank of Ireland being incredibly slow as usual.

cheers,

flipdee
  • gorbyuk
    gorbyuk Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Went into the branch and complained about Halifax fault received £10 credit I'm just hoping they sort it for my wages going in tomorrow!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure