PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

MRI The MacAnthony Real Estate Agency

Options

Comments

• Reg_eats_Veg
    Options
    Mark, do not believe a word they say when it comes to timescales. It took 22months and 8 days for my compensation to reach me from money lost to Inside Track SL. When they notify you that its been successful, with all the red tape, it can still take 8-9 months. I also had to chase them a lot for updates and my payment was in Euros not pounds, which I was told, so lost some on conversion. They phoned me last week to see if I wanted to do the 2nd case but I said I would look around to see if It can be done quicker. If I find a quicker way will pass info on. Good luck but I think you should plan on getting your compensation next year.

My internet keeps freezing so hope this gets posted this time?
  • lisaboopdeboop
    Options
    biggmarkie wrote: »
    Hello Carol and Lisa. I forgot that there is 2 comment pages so I wrote on the other 1 first. It is me my account got closed I think because I never use it. Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but I did hear from Fastline legal Services 2 weeks ago and they have confirmed that my case has won and that I should hear about receiving compensation within 8 weeks. This has come at the right time as I can now concentrate on getting better. I will let you know as soon as I get my money. :j

I am really sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope that you are better soon. I believe that its all the stress that can make you ill. Its good news that you have had success. keep me updated please.
  • smartcarol
    Options
    biggmarkie wrote: »
    Hello Carol and Lisa. I forgot that there is 2 comment pages so I wrote on the other 1 first. It is me my account got closed I think because I never use it. Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but I did hear from Fastline legal Services 2 weeks ago and they have confirmed that my case has won and that I should hear about receiving compensation within 8 weeks. This has come at the right time as I can now concentrate on getting better. I will let you know as soon as I get my money. :j
    Hello Mark, I hope you are well again soon, its not serious I hope! Why are we posting on 2 threads?
    I have not heard from Fastline in a while so I have called them today. I spoke with Donna and she said not to worry all is on track and that she will and me an email which I have received. It is good that you have won but from the reports it still takes a while to process but don't worry too much about Reg Eats Veg saying it will still take another 10 months I am sure it won't in your case. I am also dealing with an insurance claim for our static caravan that got washed away in the flood. It is a total write off but they are trying to wriggle out of paying out the cost of a new one. Its just over 2 years old and we spent a lot on the outside wooden terrace and steps. I keep thinking why us. Anyway you get well and keep me updated.
  • gindy
    Options
    Hi,
    I have had several conversations with 3 different members of Fastline Legal recently in connection with my failed MRI property purchase in Portugal.I have repeatedly asked them for concrete information regards the full extent of the alleged seizing of MRI's assets of which I can find no record and asked them to provide proof of a successful track record in getting their clients their money back.
    All I have had is wishy,washy excuses as to why they can't provide any evidence whatsoever to back up their promises which has led me to believe that there is actually no pot of seized MRI money for clients to continually keep getting their money back from.If this had happened as Fastline are saying it has given the high profile nature of MacAnthony himself it would be all over the internet and the press and yet there is nothing.
    The man himself is such a 'wide boy' that I have very serious doubts he would have been stupid enough to leave millions of euro's in cash and/or assets just lying around in Spain when he knew MRI was going under and that the courts were on his trail.
    I told Fastline that I would only proceed on a no win no fee basis with no upfront fees of any kind and if everything was guaranteed 100% to succeed and for them to get their 5% why could they not work on that basis?.I even offered to up their cut to 15%,but again was met by weak excuses.
    My conclusion is that they are not genuine so I am not going to give them £970 for 'translation fees' in the very vain hope that there is this mythical,endless pot of cash to pay me back my lost 25K because I'm afraid I just don't believe it.
  • I was contacted by Fastline and, being a suspicious sort of cove, I called the FCA who were very helpful. I then did some Google trawling to see what other info is out there about MacAnthony Realty and discovered a law firm in Spain who were running a class action on the non-delivery of furniture packages. I rang them and asked whether MacAnthony's assets had indeed been seized and whether there was a huge pot of money waiting to be returned to investors who had been mis-sold properties, as I had been told by Fastline. They said 'no' and asked me whether it was Fastline who had been in touch. The conversation was quite enlightening.

They may run a case on this at some stage but not until the furniture case has been resolved. It might be worth registering interest in case they can do this in the future. My property is in Bulgaria... Certainly a bad investment call.
  • Julie_Ann_2
    Options
    My husband and I purchased in Morocco with MRI and were later told by them that the property would never be given the habitation licence due to poor work by the developer. We were offered another property in Bulgaria and paid a deposit of £6000 only to find this was all a scam. I'm sure you've heard it all before. I suppose I have been lucky because my credit card company gave me back this deposit and I then went on to recoup most of the deposit I had paid for Morocco through a legal firm in Spain called Del Prado. Unfortunately my husband passed away before this happened. Anyway, the point of my message is to ask if anyone has been contacted by a legal firm in Spain called Registro Legal. They have told me that MacAnthony has had his assets frozen and there will be a court case in May to recoup the losses of people like me. I have only really lost the legal fees of Del Prado which were approx 6000 euros (there's no mention of the worry, etc). This sounded really good to me until they told me they need £199 up front for their services. I appreciate that this is really cheap and would not bat an eye lid if they took it out of my winnings but, up front? I wonder if it's just another scam? Does anyone have any ideas?
  • Susiemay
    Options
    Hi Julie Ann. I was cold called by Registro Legal a few weeks ago and even though I only have 1 piece of evidence of my purchase of a property in Portugal, that I did not complete on, they insist I have a case for compensation. I too am being asked for £199 for them to register my claim. I asked if they took a percentage of the money's awarded and was told they are appointed my the Spanish court and the £199 is to cover all costs which compared to what others have been charged does seem cheap. I have to make a decision soon I think.
    Have you gone ahead with them?
  • kittykat126
    Options
    We too were contacted by fastline legal services recently. we purchased apartment with mri and half way through we found that they breached the contract.since a lot of other investors were pulling out due to this breach we did the same.after tryin to get a refund with no success we tried to put this disaster behind us and now fastline has brought it right back!

I googled fastline and found this site and am in agreement with a lot of the doubts raised by previous posts here.lisa from fastline told us of macantonys villa being seized and so forth,we asked for evidence of this and have yet to receive. if it was a no win no fee case we would have no hesitation to proceed but like everyone else they are looking the translation etc fee up front. is there anyone with proof of macantonys villa being seized? surely if this is true we would of found it on the internet somewhere? until we do we wont be parting with anymore of our hard earned money!
  • biggmarkie
    biggmarkie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have received another document today to sign and send back for the court. It is to confirm my own bank details and that the money will be in euros due to a change in how compensation is paid. I phoned Fastline Legal and they said it is a change that came into effect last September and there is nothing they can do about the currency charge at my bank. I am assured that this should be the last one which means I should have the money in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Very frustrating as I am still having treatment but they do not think that it is working very well and I would like to concentrate on that. Have either of you heard anything as I am told that due to the amount of claims submitted now a days some take longer. How did you get on with your other insurance claim Carol? I hope its quicker than this one? will write with joy as soon as I can spend my money
  • biggmarkie
    biggmarkie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Mark, do not believe a word they say when it comes to timescales. It took 22months and 8 days for my compensation to reach me from money lost to Inside Track SL. When they notify you that its been successful, with all the red tape, it can still take 8-9 months. I also had to chase them a lot for updates and my payment was in Euros not pounds, which I was told, so lost some on conversion. They phoned me last week to see if I wanted to do the 2nd case but I said I would look around to see if It can be done quicker. If I find a quicker way will pass info on. Good luck but I think you should plan on getting your compensation next year.

My internet keeps freezing so hope this gets posted this time?

Reply to Reg Eats Veg
    I have been assured today by Fastline Legal that the document confirming my bank details I have to send back today is the last one and that I should get payment in the next couple of weeks. Was this the last document that you had to sign or can I expect more. I am spending a lot of time in and out of hospital at the moment and want it over. I have been notified that it will be paid in euros so I am expecting some loss on that but I don't have the energy to argue. Did you find another lawyer to do the other claim for you? Also do you really eat veg, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure