MSE News: HMV administration Q&A: gift card, refund and job rights

Options

Comments

• MoodyBlue_2
    Options
    Hi

My son has £50 on a re-play card after trading in an old console.

Can anybody confirm if these are still being accepted or are they classed the same as a gift-card?

Thanks
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MoodyBlue wrote: »
    Hi

My son has £50 on a re-play card after trading in an old console.

Can anybody confirm if these are still being accepted or are they classed the same as a gift-card?

Thanks

They are the same as a gift-card. Pure Points credit is not being accepted either.
  • Hobsondog
    Options
    anyone got any more news on the telegraph article today about the possibility of the gift vouchers being accepted?
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Gift vouchers will be accepted in stores from 22 January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21118711
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gift vouchers will be accepted in stores from 22 January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21118711

Great news! I am just wondering hwat they are going to do about the online voucher credit, as the site is currently offline and I have quite a few pounds locked in (and they cancelled my order placed before going into administration which would have used it up!).

Anon
  • gd2
    gd2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Great news! I am just wondering hwat they are going to do about the online voucher credit, as the site is currently offline and I have quite a few pounds locked in (and they cancelled my order placed before going into administration which would have used it up!).

Anon
    It's only instore gift vouchers, e-voucher and ewallet credit are still not being accepted!
  • HalloweenJack
    Options
    what about returning faulty goods for exchanging?
  • deleted_dvds
    Options
    It's good that HMV are accepting vouchers again, but what about the loyal followers who've saved up money via the Pure Points scheme? For two years I've been saving up my points on the Pure card, I then transfer £40 onto the card, and on Saturday I do into HMV in King's Lynn only to be told I cannot use it. Whay is it that loyal customers always seem to be bottom of the pile? There has not been one notice specifically for Pure Points customers, and I find this upsetting. I'm sure all the people who've PAID to be members of this scheme, will support HMV if they come out of administration. If they don't announce something soon and I lose my £40, I'll never shop there again.
  • antispam246
    Options
    Yeh it would be nice if there was an update on e-wallet and pure hmv vouchers
  • princedraven
    Options
    Spent my vouchers this morning so can confirm they are accepting vouchers ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure