We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: HMV administration Q&A: gift card, refund and job rights

Options

Comments

• deleted_dvds
    Options
    Went into my HMV store today (Kin's Lynn) to spend the £40 I had on my loyalty scheme card. Guess what? My card was refused. 'Not accepting' any Pure Points apparently. Looks like the loyal service of my custom means absolutely nothing. Thanks for that HMV. I doubt I'll ever use or shop with you again. :(
  • wondermouse
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »

I can confirm that I was able to redeem my £28 FOPP card credit yesterday at Shaftesbury Avenue. Phew.

If you have HMV or FOPP vouchers use them NOW!:T
  • vfish
    vfish Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2013 at 8:51PM
    Options
    I bought a dvd from the website - only £3. They emailed to say they had sent it on the 14th and took the money but it never arrived. Obviously there's nothing I can do really but my post *never* goes missing. Did they recall parcels (argos did that to me once)? Need to decide whether to just buy a new one.

5/2 - arrived today
  • Harvest_Festival
    Options
    vfish wrote: »
    I bought a dvd from the website - only £3. They emailed to say they had sent it on the 14th and took the money but it never arrived. Obviously there's nothing I can do really but my post *never* goes missing. Did they recall parcels (argos did that to me once)? Need to decide whether to just buy a new one.

Similar issue here: I bought 6 CDs in two separate orders from HMV the day before Administration. On the 15th I got despatch confirmation emails for each of them, but none have arrived.

I don't think it's a weather issue because I bought other CDs from Play and Amazon at the same time with no problem.

I may be too cynical but what makes me suspicious is that the despatch emails came very quickly the next day, which in my experience is unusual. Could it be that HMV was sending despatch emails merely to trigger payment, without physically sending out any CDs?

I'm awaiting a response from Deloitte, but the difficulty here is that if a despatch email has been sent, the matter (as far as banks and chargeback are concerned) may be dismissed as a Royal Mail issue, which is something that the sender of the goods has to ultimately claim for.

I'd be grateful if anyone else who's had this problem could add to this thread so we can get an idea of how common it may be.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Similar issue here: I bought 6 CDs in two separate orders from HMV the day before Administration. On the 15th I got despatch confirmation emails for each of them, but none have arrived.

I don't think it's a weather issue because I bought other CDs from Play and Amazon at the same time with no problem.

I may be too cynical but what makes me suspicious is that the despatch emails came very quickly the next day, which in my experience is unusual. Could it be that HMV was sending despatch emails merely to trigger payment, without physically sending out any CDs?

I'm awaiting a response from Deloitte, but the difficulty here is that if a despatch email has been sent, the matter (as far as banks and chargeback are concerned) may be dismissed as a Royal Mail issue, which is something that the sender of the goods has to ultimately claim for.

I'd be grateful if anyone else who's had this problem could add to this thread so we can get an idea of how common it may be.

Its not unusual for HMV to send a dispatch e-mail quickly. Quite often I have ordered from them at 8pm on a Sunday and had a dispatch email by 9pm.
  • Harvest_Festival
    Options
    Helix wrote: »
    Its not unusual for HMV to send a dispatch e-mail quickly. Quite often I have ordered from them at 8pm on a Sunday and had a dispatch email by 9pm.

Thanks for the reassurance, Helix. I genuinely couldn't remember such a fast turnaround on my previous orders.
    Best hope is that the despatch email ("It's On Its Way") only signifies the start of the despatch process and that the packages have been retained by the warehouse for some reason, although I guess if that was being done to orders across the board more people would have raised the issue by now. Maybe Deloitte can shed some light on it, but I doubt that undelivered packages are much of a priority for them when they can blame the postal service.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to their update on Friday, they are processing online orders that have been paid for over the next 7 days so there is still hope.

Unfortunately they are not accepting Pure Points:
    http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/services/corporate-finance/restructuring-services/updates-for-insolvencies/hmv/4d244ad0cd24c310VgnVCM2000003356f70aRCRD.htm

Anon
  • Harvest_Festival
    Harvest_Festival Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2013 at 2:23AM
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    According to their update on Friday, they are processing online orders that have been paid for over the next 7 days so there is still hope.

Anon

Thanks, Anon.
    I can't spot any date on that statement - do you have a link to back up that it was published on Friday? [EDIT: ... so that I can allow 7 days from then before my next move]
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, Anon.
    I can't spot any date on that statement - do you have a link to back up that it was published on Friday? [EDIT: ... so that I can allow 7 days from then before my next move]

It was reported on Deloitte's Facebook page at the end of last week:
    www.facebook.com/deloitteuk

Anon
  • Samba123
    Options
    Been following this thread - I had £200 of evouchers of which I'd spent £29 on various orders just before they went into admin leaving me a balance of £171 - I however haven't received any of those items I spent £29 on although have despatch emails for 3 of the 4...

I also placed an additional order using the £171 credit (and £28 cc) just before the website was closed which was cancelled the day after the website was closed.

So I'm a bit confused now.

Should I be making an unsecured claim for £200 or £171 of e-vouchers to the administrators? Should I wait to see if those 3 items turn up before making a claim now HMV saying they'll be shipping items?

Any thoughts welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family