Angry Bought a Stolen Car without Knowing it

Options

Comments

• Sgt_Pepper_2
    Sgt_Pepper_2 Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Options
    the vehicle is a clone, the HPI check gave the all clear for the car that it was originally cloned from. I'm guessing a garage provided the thieves with all the vin and matching registrations to make it look legit.

OP, really sorry to hear about what happened to you. That's an aweful lot of money to lose. Probably not going to help you much here but for cars priced in that region it's best to stick with dealers. I would only buy cars priced 3k+ from dealers and leave the low cost vehicles for private sales.

Good advice but don't feel too sorry for him, it never happened
  • malichi
    Options
    I sorry that I have been quiet for a bit, I lost the car and money, and now my partner she is about to leave me for making a silly mistake. Because that money we wanted to get a mortgage by the end of this year but I convinced her that we should get a car and sale it by September and it turned out that the car was cloned so please if you don’t have a good advice or point me to the right direction please don’t comment. But the police did tell that I can speak to the insurance that own the car to buy it of them but I’m thinking that they might say they want £25000 or the same amount I have spent already.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    Is there no way to trace the person who sold it and to then take them to court for repayment?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Clioterus
    Options
    Have you been back to the house where you bought the car from?
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    Wait for his next post saying he has now lost his job and is homeless.........
  • malichi
    Options
    police went to the house and no one lives there they are still doing the investigation
  • malichi
    Options
    They believe me because they went to that house and someone told them that they have moved last month plus they got fingerprint on the document that was given to me on the fake v5c service history book mot invoice ect. Do you actually think I got time to come write no sense in here like I don’t have anything better to do?
  • Hackman_2
    Hackman_2 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    malichi wrote: »
    They believe me because they went to that house and someone told them that they have moved last month plus they got fingerprint on the document that was given to me on the fake v5c service history book mot invoice ect. Do you actually think I got time to come write no sense in here like I don’t have anything better to do?

I guess they rushed the fingerprints through for you.:rotfl:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 January 2013 at 10:12PM
    Options
    Im finding it hard to believe someone would think they were over the moon as a car had come up ( at a bargain price ) they were after for a long time. Then theres the handing over of the cash which was carried from where the OP lives to where he handed it over, then theres the fact the OP has a kid on the way which would surely make one more wary of where the money is going.

What made you go for a BMW X6 XDrive ?

Hope you get it sorted.
  • Sgt_Pepper_2
    Sgt_Pepper_2 Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Options
    malichi wrote: »

Sounds like you ain't got time to do the basic checks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure