Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Despite giving EJ a 7 day deadline, I'm still waiting for my expenses payment more than a week after they agreed to pay up.
    easyJet - the notice of Discontinuance wont go in until you've paid!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    JPears, do NOT file a notice of discontinuance unless it recites the fact that EJ have ageeed to settle your claim and costs. Otherwise it looks like you have simply dropped the case and, in theory, could leave you exposed to a claim for defence costs against you. Best is to file a consent order withdrawing the claim but a good alternative is simply to write to the Court advising that the case has been settled, sending a copy to EasyJet. But, as you've already said wait you've actually got the money before doing anything.
  • schoolrunmum
    Options
    Hello all... this flight was delayed overnight due to EZY crew going out of hours, due to ATC delays. EZY have refused my claim. Any thoughts as to if they are worth pursuing?

" Air traffic controllers over France restricted air space due to staffing issues. There were also air traffic control restrictions over London, directly affecting London Luton due to capacity of air space. Long delays built up as flights waited for ‘slots’ to operate, sometimes taking several hours. The delays continued throughout the day and knocked on to later flights. The delays pushed our crew into their maximum legal operating hours and we had no other choice but to delay your flight until the next day. We do take reasonable measures to avoid delays and cancellations to our flights by having replacement crews and spare aircraft available in our network. In the circumstances, these options were not possible as the delay to your departure was as a direct result of air traffic control restrictions."

Ideas?

"
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
  • beckybarnard
    Options
    Did you claim for expenses or compensation? We have just successfully got expenses (taxis, Eurostar tickets, hotel, breakfast and train fares) after an overnight cancellation, but we couldn't get compensation as it was due to Industrial action.
  • schoolrunmum
    Options
    Industrial action on the part of ATC Becky?
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
  • JPears
    Options
    school run - becky is asking what element of regulation 261/2004 did you claim for?
    1. Additional expenses incurred for such thiings as overnight accomadation, re-routing flights with different airline etc .
    2. Fixed compensation for delay/cancellation?
    I wasn't aware there was an atc strike on 19/7. I flew from France on 17/7, we had kept an eye on news whilst there as we had been cancelled by EJ on outr way out on 30/6, ended up flying BA (at EJs expense)

• beckybarnard
    Options
    Yes, back in May, or their other excuse was storms over UK...either way, no compensation, just expenses.
  • JPears
    Options
    Finally have the re-routing expenses in my bank account, 11 weeks after submitting the claim on the day of cancellation, getting no response after 14 days, no response to NBA after 14 days and submitting a claim on MCOL.
    easyJet, why do you make it such had work for a perfectly legitimate claim.
    Next steps:
    1. Letter of complaint to CAA pointing out easyJets tardy action on a slamdunk claim.
    2. Waiting for CEDR response for compensation claim. Almost as slow as easyJet.

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Finally have the re-routing expenses in my bank account, 11 weeks after submitting the claim on the day of cancellation, getting no response after 14 days, no response to NBA after 14 days and submitting a claim on MCOL.
    easyJet, why do you make it such had work for a perfectly legitimate claim.
    Next steps:
    1. Letter of complaint to CAA pointing out easyJets tardy action on a slamdunk claim.
    2. Waiting for CEDR response for compensation claim. Almost as slow as easyJet.

Well done JP:beer:

Thats why we tell everyone to persevere, you proved that point:T
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    Options
    Persevere but also don't let the airline string it out. Dictate the timetable.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport