🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Chrisabian
    Chrisabian Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, I have the case and claim reference, all my flight details etc. Is it recommended to send an NBA by post or by email?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do it by email as EJ are communicating via email.
    I think if you send snail mail it will take ages for it to be actioned.
    Also easier to keep track of your timeline ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Chrisabian
    Options
    Excellent, thank you. Should I send it as a reply to my current claim correspondence or a new email? To customer services or beyond?
  • JPears
    Options
    Probably best to send with your current correspondence setup, but thats probably a generic customer.service@easyjet.com?

• Chrisabian
    Options
    Yes it is. Would make sense to tag it with my claim really. Whether they even read it or not is another matter!
  • Krunchie20
    Options
    Hi. After nearly 2 months of being ignored I finally spoke to a human today! Hurrah!
    They have Confirmed that our 2st flight was cancelled and was their fault so will pay the compensation. Great news!
    However we were sent to another airport the next day for a replacement flight, this was them grounded for 6 hours with us on board prior to takeoff, they say this is not eligible for compensation, no where I have read says the compensation is limited to 1 journey... Does anyone have any experience of this?
  • Krunchie20
    Options
    Sorry I think I hijacked a post... New to forums! :D
  • JPears
    Options
    Hi Krunchie was your flight with easyJet? If so you're on the correct thread.
    Compensation is only payable for one journey. This is covered by the detail in the regulation that compensation is only due for a paid for journey. You only paid for one journey.

Unless you obtained a refund for your first flight, booked and paid for the second flight from the different airport, which was also delayed?

• eshroom
    eshroom Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update, I received confirmation on Facebook messenger that they will give me the 500 euros promised. They also added £25 for additional meals, which I had submitted but wasn’t expecting to have approved as they did also give us food vouchers.

It took 3 days on Facebook to get this result (still no response on email or Resolver) and I am glad EasyJet elected not to make this claim any more painful.

Thanks for your help!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eshroom wrote: »
    Quick update, I received confirmation on Facebook messenger that they will give me the 500 euros promised. They also added £25 for additional meals, which I had submitted but wasn’t expecting to have approved as they did also give us food vouchers.

It took 3 days on Facebook to get this result (still no response on email or Resolver) and I am glad EasyJet elected not to make this claim any more painful.

Thanks for your help!

Well done, great result:beer:

There are a few happy bunnies today.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure