£25 stake to win a potential 9 claims. Doesn’t sound bad odds to me
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Put your flight details into EuClaim and bottonline and see what they say
  • lkate
    lkate Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    So I have a look on EuClaim and BottomLine.

EuClaim says that 'delay on the previous flight due to bad weather (except in certain circumstances) has nothing to do with your flight. Is this the given reason you were given for a long delay? Then you may be entitled to compensation.'

I think I may just take the chance and take it further.

Mortgage free date: Jul 2023.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lkate wrote: »
    EuClaim says that 'delay on the previous flight due to bad weather (except in certain circumstances) has nothing to do with your flight. Is this the given reason you were given for a long delay? Then you may be entitled to compensation.'

EUClaim and bottonline have free checkers where you can put in your flight number and date and be given a response...either "you are entitled to €x compensation" or "unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation"
    what does it show for your flight number and date?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    lkate wrote: »

That's a bit misleading. For instance, if bad weather earlier in the day caused a backlog of flights and a subsequent delay then this would IMO count as extraordinary (there is nothing the airline could have done to prevent it). That's not to say you shouldn't pursue your claim of course.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,561 Forumite
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    That's a bit misleading. For instance, if bad weather earlier in the day caused a backlog of flights and a subsequent delay then this would IMO count as extraordinary (there is nothing the airline could have done to prevent it). That's not to say you shouldn't pursue your claim of course.

The text does not appear to be the result of checking the flight number/date.
    It is text from here https://www.euclaim.co.uk/blog/what-is-an-extraordinary-circumstance
    Once poster checks their specific flight details they will get a better view
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't put much stock in those flight checkers unless they come back with a negative result.
  • rupt
    Options
    I've recently taken a compensation claim relating to a cancelled flight through CEDR. Easyjet offered no defence and agreed to settle the claim in full.

Some friends on a separate booking for the same flight were awaiting the outcome of my claim to decide how to proceed. Having contacted Easyjet stating they knew compensation was being paid for this flight, Easyjet refused to pay out and said all they could do was give them a deadlock letter. I suppose they will now have to go through CEDR, but perhaps would a 'letter before action' achieve a faster result given the circumstances?

Also I've yet to receive the actual payment from my CEDR success and was wondering how long would be reasonable to wait before further action?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In relation to your last question, I would say 3 weeks is reasonable time from EJ admitting liability to receiving payments. Obviously they have been aware of your claim for some time.
    Remember CEDR have no payment enforcement powers so you may still need to go down the route of NBA (see below) and court action to recover what's due to you.

Your friends should only issue an NBA IF they are actually prepared to follow it up with court action, should that be required.
    It might be better to go the route of CEDR, given that CEDR have already found in your favour, the case should be straightforward.

It is a ridiculous state of affairs that passengers are still faced with this procrastination, obfuscation, unethical and in some cases unlawful or dishonest behaviour by the airlines.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not like you to sit on the fence JP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income