🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    nat38 wrote: »
    thanks. and when would the court award interest?

At the hearing, it's down to the Judges discretion, assuming you applied for it on your N1

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

EDIT thanks Glentoran, my Angel wings are a little tired today xx
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • howticklediam
    Options
    thanks! the claim would be for €400 x3.
    with a NWNF the cost (if we win) would be about €400 in total.
    £200 = €270
    are there many other charges after initial filing and court fees?

From memory for less than £1500 claim it would be £85 for the filing and then another £85 only if it goes to court. That's it. But check on mcol, it's all there. Don't submit claims using the online form though. As you have multiple claimants you will need an N1 and do it by post.
  • howticklediam
    Options
    He mentioned, on current figures, there could be more than a million claimants per annum. That NWNF solicitors were making it easy for claimants, just click to claim. That they had 450 live cases and many more on going. 75% of those are due to EC’s/Huzar.

Ahh, the poor little darlings. Those horrid NWNFs making it easy. It's so unfair.

If there are going to be so many claims per annum then all the more reason to clamp down so they run a reliable fleet. The legislation is exactly designed to protect the public, and it sounds like they need protection if that's the rate at which they are being inconvenienced.
  • nat38
    nat38 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    At the hearing, it's down to the Judges discretion, assuming you applied for it on your N1

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

EDIT thanks Glentoran, my Angel wings are a little tired today xx

sorry, I meant 'when' as in 'in which situations' would the judge award interest.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    sorry, I meant 'when' as in 'in which situations' would the judge award interest.

You have to request it and it's for the Judge to decide, there's no common pattern, I've read some getting 8% most getting 3-4% and a few getting none at all.

Technically interest is due from the moment of the delay, because of the time taken to get to Court the DJ may or may not award it, he/she should but under no obligation to do so.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mrtonygibson
    Options
    Well thats another door closed on Jet2 today at Liverpool. Will they finally accept defeat in this saga once and for all? If everyone puts their requests for stays to be lifted on their claims into the relevant courts now I don't think 2 Birds have enough solicitors to fight them even if they had a leg to stand on. Any one else thinking same or do we wait a little longer to see if the defeat is finally admitted?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    They will appeal Tony 99.9% certain of that!

• mrtonygibson
    Options
    Yes I think you are correct they will appeal as this whole charade over the last 6 months since the Supreme Court decision has been more about an accountancy exercise than an admittance of liability. The Judges should impose an 8% interest levy on all cases from date of origin as a matter of course and that might make the airlines think again about sitting on their contingency pots.
  • NickB1970
    Options
    Just issued proceedings myself against Jet2 and have just had the defence. There is a common theme on the threads about 2 year limitation in the T&Cs. I'm aware of an interesting case that's deals with that issue but as a newby I can't post the link!!
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    NickB1970 wrote: »
    Just issued proceedings myself against Jet2 and have just had the defence. There is a common theme on the threads about 2 year limitation in the T&Cs. I'm aware of an interesting case that's deals with that issue but as a newby I can't post the link!!

miss the www. out and write dot and don't post it as a link, I'll repost for you ;)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure