Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    PippaW wrote: »
    As they got the overnight bit wrong and in my eyes the airline should be prepared for crew illness should we continue to pursue the claim?

I don't think anything hinges on the overnight part of your claim, the fact is you were delayed.

Second point, is crew illness classes as an 'extraordinary circumstance'? I would say definitely NO. It is inherent in an airlines duty that crew will be ill at times, and contingency plans should be in place to cover this....

..... You need to get NBA in and get in the long queue for compensation.

Good luck Pippa,

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Ha Ha Ha, yes I think you're right about that. Just goes to show the lengths Jet2 are prepared to go to to avoid paying compensation :rotfl:

:beer: I read about that in the Jedi Masters guide.
    Vauban wrote:
    2.3 To qualify for compensation, each passenger needs to have paid a fare available to the general public. This means that children and infants do qualify for compensation, if they were not travelling on a free child place. Tickets bought with airmiles also qualify for compensation.

:A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped for noobs
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    m
    For anyone that does not have a claim against them.

They are giving passengers a free opportunity to be delayed at their behest....

http://www.jet2holidays.com/advent/

Good luck!

It looks like the link to the t & c's has vanished?

http://www.jet2holidays.com/promotions/tcs-advent

Where is the pilot or I.T. Support when you need them?

• Flower76
    Options
    Hi

We experienced a flight delay of 21 hours on Wednesday. We were supposed to fly at 14.30pm from Ivalo, Finland (booked with Santa's Lapland) but the inbound flight was diverted to another airport to refuel as the pilot decided it was unsafe to land after circling for an hour.

The inbound flight eventually landed at 17.00 and just before 18.00 we were told the crew were out of hours and we would go to a hotel for the night and fly on the 11th.

We had a meal and drink of water at the hotel (the hotel had stopped serving tea and coffee) but no refreshments were offered at the airport even though we had been there from 1pm until 6.30pm. I think the least they could have done is provide drinks for the children but they said their concern was to find out what was happening with the flight.

I thought after a delay of 2 hours airlines have to provide refreshments? Has anyone else had anything similar with Jet2?

We then arrived back at the airport in the morning to be told there would be very limited refreshments on the return flight so we then had to spend even more money in the ridiculously over-priced airport cafe!

Many thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flower76 wrote: »
    Hi

We experienced a flight delay of 21 hours on Wednesday.

I think the least they could have done is provide drinks for the children but they said their concern was to find out what was happening with the flight.

I thought after a delay of 2 hours airlines have to provide refreshments? Has anyone else had anything similar with Jet2?

Many thanks

Hi Flower76,

It's not unusual for Jet2 I'm afraid.

It's funny that "finding out what was happening with the flight" just happened to save them the cost of snacks and refreshments.

But surely, Jet2 wouldn't do that would they?

Well, yes they would... and they did with our 27hour delay too. Over 6 hours, on day one, with no food or drinks. So they do have form in this regard.

I believe your flight was over 1500km so they owe you a duty of care after a delay of 3 hours. It would be 2 hours if the distance was up to 1500km.

My granddaughter, who was 12 at the time of our delay, is diabetic. Jet2 were informed of this but it made no difference, they continued with their duty of No care to their passengers.

Good luck with your claim.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here is a copy of the latest update, from Bott & Co, which is being sent out to all their clients.
    Update

Dear Client,

Further to our email last week we are writing to update you on our latest progress with the airlines. We have settled claims for over 1500 passengers since the Supreme Court announcements on 31st October and we expect to see that number significantly increase over the next week.

Below is the latest news for individual airlines.

Monarch
    Monarch has made much better progress over the last week and has confirmed they will be looking to settle on over 100 flights. This equates to around 450 of our clients which is great news.

In light of this we have held off issuing court proceedings against them. We hope that Monarch will make similar progress this week on the remaining flights they have yet to settle. If they maintain the same momentum as they have done in the past week then all flights should be reviewed within the next four to five weeks.

Thomas Cook
    Thomas Cook has said they will respond on all litigated cases by 22nd December. This is good news for those of you with claims where legal proceedings have been issued. Unfortunately the airline has not yet provided a definitive date for responding to pre-litigated cases. Discussions are continuing around this but if we do not receive a satisfactory response shortly we will look to issue court proceedings on un-litigated cases.
    If legal proceedings have been issued on your case you will have already received an email from us to let you know.

Thomson
    Thomson has said they still hope to respond to us on all cases by Christmas.

Jet2/Ryanair/Flybe/Wizzair
    All four of these airlines are asking for cases to be put on hold again pending a Dutch case – Van der Lans. There is a case due to be heard at Liverpool County Court on 25th February 2015 (Allen V Jet2.com) which will decide whether or not the airlines can do this. It is likely that all other cases will follow the decision made in this case.
    In other words, if Jet2.com is allowed to put the Allen case on hold until we have the outcome of the Van der Lans case, then it is likely that all the airlines will be allowed to put other cases on hold until we have the Van der Lans judgment.
    We are opposing the application to put cases on hold again. However this move by the airlines means that if you have a claim against one of the carriers listed above, it is unlikely there will be much progress with your case until we have this decision from Liverpool County Court early next year.
    In the meantime we will be keeping an eye on all cases that this affects and issuing court proceedings on all cases which are nearing the six-year time limit for claiming to ensure your case does not expire.

Aer Lingus
    Aer Lingus are currently reviewing all outstanding claims.

We hope this email has reassured you we are doing all we can to settle your outstanding claim with the airlines. If you have any further questions please email aviation@bottonline.co.uk

Copyright © 2014 Bott and Company, All rights reserved.
    We're sending you this client update in relation to your ongoing claim with us. This is not a marketing email but important information about your claim.

Our mailing address is:
    Bott and Company
    St Anns House, Parsonage Green
    Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 1HG
    United Kingdom
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ....My granddaughter, who was 12 at the time of our delay, is diabetic. Jet2 were informed of this but it made no difference, they continued with their duty of No care to their passengers.....

Apalling!!!!! And others elsewhere think it's a good idea to fly with this airline.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • dino25uk
    Options
    It is appalling, JET2 will have a lot of interest to pay on these claims, albeit if you have went with a NWNF, the law company will get the interest and not the passenger. It would be nice if Bott&Co could revise their claims on the interest accumulated :)
  • NoviceAngel
    Options

Jet2/Ryanair/Flybe/Wizzair
    All four of these airlines are asking for cases to be put on hold again pending a Dutch case – Van der Lans. There is a case due to be heard at Liverpool County Court on 25th February 2015 (Allen V Jet2.com) which will decide whether or not the airlines can do this. It is likely that all other cases will follow the decision made in this case.
    In other words, if Jet2.com is allowed to put the Allen case on hold until we have the outcome of the Van der Lans case, then it is likely that all the airlines will be allowed to put other cases on hold until we have the Van der Lans judgment.
    We are opposing the application to put cases on hold again. However this move by the airlines means that if you have a claim against one of the carriers listed above, it is unlikely there will be much progress with your case until we have this decision from Liverpool County Court early next year.
    In the meantime we will be keeping an eye on all cases that this affects and issuing court proceedings on all cases which are nearing the six-year time limit for claiming to ensure your case does not expire.

Thank you for posting that Tyzap, as I'm not represented by Bott & Co I was wondering what was taking Leeds CC so long to make further directions, I guess we now have the answer.

I do think it's a sensible decision to have one central case and that all other judgements should follow in line, I've been posting that on here for a while, I'm disappointed with the date through! It would have been nice to have a result in time for Xmas but hey ho, I can wait and I'm confident that given the expertise that Liverpool County Court have we'll get the correct decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure