Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Fellow sufferers

I have received communication from Harrogate Court 'staying' any judgement on my case pending the outcome of the Liverpool case.

Have I missed something here Dr_A ?

Ermmm, What Liverpool case?

I did read that Liverpool have developed a good team of DJ's to deal with the airlines - so not completely bad news
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the Harrogate stay. What are District/Circuit judges in Liverpool going to do or say that can overide the clear determination by the CoA and Supreme Court?
    Dr A-H did you request to Harrogate that the stay be lifted?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the Harrogate stay. What are District/Circuit judges in Liverpool going to do or say that can overide the clear determination by the CoA and Supreme Court?
    Dr A-H did you request to Harrogate that the stay be lifted?

It really is bizarre to say the least, we'll have to get more details from DrA but I do recall DrA posting that the request to have the stay lifted had been made, and that the Judge was about to award compensation. Jet2 threw the usual Van der Lans stuff in to the Court, so where Liverpool comes into any of it - Well I'm really confused.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A significant amount of cases are being transferred to Liverpool, Manchester or Luton courts for preliminary hearings particularly where a stay release has been requested. The expertise of Judges in these courts allows for a quick determination of initial matters which may result in the defendant deciding to drop their defence before an initial hearing is held in the court where your hearing was requested.
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    A significant amount of cases are being transferred to Liverpool, Manchester or Luton courts for preliminary hearings particularly where a stay release has been requested. The expertise of Judges in these courts allows for a quick determination of initial matters which may result in the defendant deciding to drop their defence before an initial hearing is held in the court where your hearing was requested.

Oh good, mine is in manchester and Tc has agreed the stay be lifted so it's just waiting on the court now then.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • MGOR
    MGOR Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »

In my case one of the questions that the Liverpool Court asked Thomson was whether anyone else had raised a claim. As there were a couple of us then the cases were linked. It sounds that Liverpool is handling several cases on the same flight as your own (through Bott?)
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh well at least the interest is stacking up.... :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You'll have plenty of time to sit and workout compound interest, that'll baffle them
  • razorsedge
    razorsedge Posts: 344 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2014 at 5:01PM
    Options
    You'll have plenty of time to sit and workout compound interest, that'll baffle them

Unfortunately the method of working out interest is by using simple interest calculations, not quite so baffling (or lucrative).

Some more info on interest rates for claims here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=63979914&highlight=interest#post63979914
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    ..we'll have to get more details from DrA but I do recall DrA posting that the request to have the stay lifted had been made, and that the Judge was about to award compensation. Jet2 threw the usual Van der Lans stuff in to the Court, so where Liverpool comes into any of it - Well I'm really confused.

As I understand it a bunch of Jet2 cases - I think some of the Bott ones - have been gathered at Liverpool. The documentation from 2birds sent to the Harrogate Court was a copy of the stuff they sent to Liverpool with 'Liverpool' written at the top so that's how the Judge at Harrogate worked it out :T. I had asked that the stay be lifted and quoted brief rejoinders to 2birds' rather specious arguments but this was the Judge's decision.

I can see some sense in this - having Courts around the country jumping this way or that would result in a proper stooshie. In the meantime it's an 8% p.a. savings scheme!

AS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport