Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I agree Vauban, its a very interesting article. Just look at this passage from it for example...

One of the key proposals from a passenger perspective was that the CAA should have a wider range of enforcement powers than it had currently. We said that this was particularly important for enforcement of consumer protection legislation. And we suggested that the passenger representative body for air transport should have the right of appeal to the Secretary of State in the event that it did not consider the CAA to be enforcing legislation effectively.

Bet that didn't go down well. No wonder they were disbanded!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • BigJock_72
    Options
    I think Jet2 have misinterpreted the 'service' part of service industry.......I always believed it meant to serve others not themselves????
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Well done Jock. That is the type of spirit that more folk need to take against Jet2 to get them to change their appalling attitude to their customers and the law.

That makes at least two of us who will not be flying with them again.

The CAA should have their NBA responsibilities removed allowing them to concentrate on other areas where they are better. A new independent (of the airlines) NBA should be created in their place.
    3........ :cool:
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • BigJock_72
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    Having written to my MEP, my local MP, the UK representative on the EU transport committee, the EU ombudsman, the EU leader of the transport committee, the CAA all more than once - I have given up - the final letter was from the secretary to the EU ombudsman (the ombudsman is actually an Irish woman) and it was apparent that she like all the others mentioned have not a clue.

I'll see what response Mr Davies gives as he is actually a very active and knowledgeable member of parliament, he has gotten great results for me in the past. Fingers crossed he might know whose buttons to push!
  • razorsedge
    razorsedge Posts: 344 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2014 at 5:23PM
    Options
    when one contrasts the enforcement powers that they have with what they have actually done, it is abundantly clear that they are simply not fit for purpose.

The pyramid on Page 6 of the document and explanations that follow show how much the CAA will do to avoid doing anything worthwhile before even thinking about enforcement action.
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Someone should put in an FOI request to see how often the CAA have used this power, and with whom.

I already have an FOI request in asking for papers relating to the CAA's decision to support Jet2.com over the Huzar proceedings. Look forward to sharing those in due course ...

Here you go Vauban,

Our response:
    In assessing your request in line with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
    (FOIA), we are be able to provide the information below.

1.The CAA has received 59,808 complaints relating to Regulation EC261/2004 since it came into force on 17 February 2005.
    The CAA has received 1,790 complaints relating to Jet2.com since Regulation EC261/2004 came into force on 17 February 2005.
    There have been no such criminal prosecutions.
    The CAA has not commenced such a criminal prosecution against Jet2.com
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    FOI,

The CAA is the designated National Enforcement Body for EC 261/2004. Our enforcement
    powers come from Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002 and allow us to take action in the
    collective interest of consumers. The powers allow us to require businesses to provide
    information where we have reasonable grounds to suspect there has been a breach of the Regulation and also allow us to seek legal undertakings that the business will comply with
    the law in future. If we are unable to obtain an undertaking, or if an undertaking is breached, we can seek an Enforcement Order from the Court. Breach of an Enforcement Order
    can result in contempt of Court proceedings and the court could then impose a fine.

The CAA also has access to criminal sanctions, and the court could apply a fine for a breach of the Regulations.
    Criminal sanctions are generally reserved for the most serious offences and we would not expect them to be used regularly. No criminal prosecutions have been taken in respect of Regulation 261/2004.
    The CAA has published guidance on
    its enforcement policy. We have provided a link to this information below.

So I reckon we should take collective court action against the CAA for not enforcing.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • BigJock_72
    Options
    I have received a quick reply from Mr Davies MP stating he will be taking the matter up with Jet2, the CAA and the Minister for Transport. Hopefully some more pressure is going to be brought to bear on the CAA and Jet2, whether it will make the slightest difference time will tell
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Fellow sufferers

I have received communication from Harrogate Court 'staying' any judgement on my case pending the outcome of the Liverpool case.

In my judgement this is better than having to wait for the Dutch case, but worse than the Court having decided in my favour.

I am now completely confused by what is meant by 'Supreme Court'!

AS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport