blondmarkblondmark Forumite
    456 Posts
    edited 5 November 2013 at 3:03PM
    This information has been redacted
  • DowsettDowsett Forumite
    176 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    blondmark wrote: »
    If you sue in Ireland it's about £25. If you sue in England it's about £70. If you win in Ireland and they appeal you might need to find thousands of pounds. If you win in England they can't appeal except on a point of law or because the judge completely lost the plot.

Ok thanks.

I went to hand in my paperwork (Form A) to my local courts and she said that its the wrong form to be using. She told me to fill in an N1 form and send it to Salford. They will then issue the court notice.

Is this true? ive not seen anyone on here mention an N1 form and that everyone has used the Form A,B,C,D etc.

Thanks
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • romanby1romanby1 Forumite
    294 Posts
    The court clerk is mistaken and may not be aware of the process. You might like to print out some of the information from the MoJ website on the ESCP to show her when you return there with form A: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/european-union-cross-border-claims
    A lot of useless legislation comes out of Brussels, but this is probably on of the best, particularly for the consumer.
  • boooglebooogle Forumite
    144 Posts
    Dowsett wrote: »
    Ok thanks.

I went to hand in my paperwork (Form A) to my local courts and she said that its the wrong form to be using. She told me to fill in an N1 form and send it to Salford. They will then issue the court notice.

Is this true? ive not seen anyone on here mention an N1 form and that everyone has used the Form A,B,C,D etc.

Thanks

I had the same issue from my local court, they said they didn't deal with cross border claims and to send to Salford, Salford said it was the wrong form and sent it back to me, eventually it got referred to the manager at Salford when I complained and I was asked to send everything back again. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets sent back to me again though!
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks.

Thanks

Dowsett- I firstly e mailed my local court who had never heard of the process. They too tried to get me to contact Salford. A quick e mail to my nearest major court and they were aware of the forms, so I took my (three copies remember) there and they processed it.
    Not all straightforward after that though (as I have posted on the taking the airlines to court page).
    From experience you might need to guide the court all the way through the ESCP process.
    Good luck with your claim.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
    176 Posts
    Thanks for your replies. hopefully someone can help me asap as ive been draggin it out over the weekend.

The lady at the desk said that the euro forms (form a,b,c,d etc) were if you was in europe (E.G France) claiming against England or another Euro country (E.G. Germany), not England to a Euro country.

Im a bit confused because as im filling in the N1 form, their charge is £80. MCOL is £70 (i assume 10er cheaper because its online)

But when i go to make a claim using MCOL, it says the defendants address must be in England or Wales and wont let me continue without a post code.

Im really confused... lol. Can i even issue an N1 form to a euro country?

So... i have the form A ready and was going through the other forms, MCOL and the N1.

What should i do and what have other people done in the past. Im a bit worried if i go back to my local courts that the lady wont issue it. she was adamant that she wouldnt send it off and that i had the wrong form.

I dont care how much the court charge me really, 25, 70 or 80 quid, just need the right one.

Thanks
    176 Posts
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Dowsett- I firstly e mailed my local court who had never heard of the process. They too tried to get me to contact Salford. A quick e mail to my nearest major court and they were aware of the forms, so I took my (three copies remember) there and they processed it.
    Not all straightforward after that though (as I have posted on the taking the airlines to court page).
    From experience you might need to guide the court all the way through the ESCP process.
    Good luck with your claim.

So you issued your N1 forms as a hard copy? have you been through the process? I assume you paid the £80 fee?

Im not sure where my major court is, maybe Manchester or Liverpool. sure i can google it.
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to pause and to spend a few hours reading up on the European small claims process.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    So you issued your N1 forms as a hard copy? have you been through the process? I assume you paid the £80 fee?

Im not sure where my major court is, maybe Manchester or Liverpool. sure i can google it.

Dowsett,
    Yes I issued my forms as an hard copy -three copies of form A along with my £80 fee.
    Give Manchester or Liverpool courts an e mail and ask if they are aware of the process firstly. If not get back to me and i'll sort out the address of my nearest major court that accepted my claim using the ESCP process.
    Keep away from MCOL- Form A and the ESCP is what you need.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.