Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Afia2k8
    Afia2k8 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Vauban wrote: »
    It's not dishonest. It's just unlucky. Had the Euro appreciated in value against the pound, you'd have got more.

But they have accepted to compensate me £738.50 when they wrote their reply on the 27th October 2015. Due to their own lack of response 3 weeks has gone by where the Euro has dropped, whether that was done delibrately or not is questionable. Nevermind then. I still think it was done deliberately as they could have sent me a cheque when I accepted the compensation. Now let's see whether I have to wait for more weeks to get that money transferred...
  • Hi
    Filed a claim with Resolver for being delayed by more than 3 hours on a flight within the EU. Ryanair where quick to accept responsibility and advised me a cheque had been raised and would be with me within 14 working days. It has now been 16 working days and no cheque. I sent them an email to that effect friday though Resolver last week but I got an auto response to my Resolver account saying "Unfortunately, replies to this email address cannot currently be processed. E-MAIL ". Tried again yesterday and didn't get any response, not even the auto response.

Can anyone please advise me on what I should do next please?

Thanks
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If the exchange rate had gone the other way, would you have sent them back anything over £738.50?

No, I didn't think so. Move along.
  • I understand your frustration but there is nothing you can do. You would be laughed out of court should you think of going down that route. Accept your money and as the above say's move on.
  • Hi
    Filed a claim with Resolver for being delayed by more than 3 hours on a flight within the EU. Ryanair where quick to accept responsibility and advised me a cheque had been raised and would be with me within 14 working days. It has now been 16 working days and no cheque. I sent them an email to that effect friday though Resolver last week but I got an auto response to my Resolver account saying "Unfortunately, replies to this email address cannot currently be processed. E-MAIL ". Tried again yesterday and didn't get any response, not even the auto response.

Can anyone please advise me on what I should do next please?

Thanks
  • Afia2k8 wrote: »
    After Ryanair "reconsidered" their position and agreed to pay compensation to me on 27th October, I have had no response since.

The email stated to enter my bank details in their online complaint tracker, which failed due to invalid flight reservation number as I believe due to the delayed flight being in 2012. I emailed them back via resolver, stating this on the 30th October and 4th November, asking how else can I get my bank details to them for the bank transfer for the compensation. No response.

I tried emailing them online via their contact form, which emailed back asking to email cswebform my bank details. I did this on the 5th November 2015 and still no response.

What else can I do? Am I supposed to start a 3rd Resolver Case?! :mad:.

Kinda in the same situation as you. Filed my claim on 22nd October and they agreed to send me compensation in the form of a cheque (even after I had put my bank details into their site) on the 25th October. They haven't replied to my last 3 emails. They said I would get it within 14 working days and nothing 18 working days later. Webchatted with CS just now and he said the case is closed, I will receive the cheque and I just have to be patient.
  • mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mad_rich wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Six of us were on FR3919 from Palermo-Stansted yesterday (17 Oct)

Scheduled 2135-2345
    Actual 0240-0435

The Captain apologised and said they'd arrived on time on the inbound flight, ready to take us back to Stansted, but had then been tasked to operate a flight to Verona and back before ours, because that aircraft was out of service. (I suspected this, and made a note of the reg of the Verona flight - EI-DWR. Lo and behold, that was the same aircraft that eventually took us back to STN!).

Pretty much nailed on case for €400 each? Does it matter what caused the problem with the Verona flight, which was nothing to do with us?

They've actually paid up! Just before the end of their promised '15-20 working days' but I have the cash. Pretty impressed. Only a month since the flight.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 November 2015 at 10:44PM
    Give them till next week then if nothing you will need to send them a notice before action letter. All explained in Vaubans guide. Bott & co who are acting for me have got them to agree a payout. But I have been informed it could take 42 days for the money from Ryanair to get to them
  • I just had an email from Bott to give my bank details and it says should be within 6 weeks, but they cannot say exact amount until they get the figures, deal with exchange rates and fees.. That is fair, but they didn't even mention the amount that was accepted by Ryanair.. So I have emailed back with my signed form and asked what that basic amount that has been accepted was, and was it just the amount for the distance and time delay i.e 400 euros pp, or did they add on my cab fare that I shouldn't have had to sort (orig being picked up when 8pm, but not at 2.30 am next morning), plus delay with my luggage, left on the plane etc... surprised the base figure they put in for, not been mentioned..'

is that normal?
  • Ring Ryanair, email them or contact via Live Chat.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback