Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Update.........

Due to a last minute changes, apparently no circuit judge available, the case has been postponed:o

Ohh well it's a lovely day in Manchester but I feel a little overdressed to go sight seeing.

It was a day out, let's hope it's rearranged soon..

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    Update.........

Due to a last minute changes, apparently no circuit judge available, the case has been postponed:o

Ohh well it's a lovely day in Manchester but I feel a little overdressed to go sight seeing.

It was a day out, let's hope it's rearranged soon..

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Keep your suit on I am in Manchester next week if I don't hear anything!

Oh don't go on the manchester wheel, scandalous at 9 quid for 3 turns!
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update.........

Due to a last minute changes, apparently no circuit judge available, the case has been postponed

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Sounds about par for certain aspects of the legal system in this country....
    Thanks for the update Novice.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 27 March 2015 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Ok folks,

Here's the full write up on todays events..

Just to explain, many of us on here are not Solicitors, so we rely on our friends in their world to let us know about interesting cases coming up.

This was one of those cases, I'd read very little about it, but I did know it was a Bott & Co case, Coby very kindly posted more information about it in the two year time bar thread.

Although I had the pleasure of meeting Coby and part of Botts team in Liverpool, I certainly don't have Bott & Co on speed dial. Although I do have an email address for Coby, which I use only on a 'have to' basis rather than a 'chat' basis. This is purely because I consider Coby to be a very professional and extremely busy person and I wouldn't want to misuse the email address I have for general forum type chat.

So with the info from the two year thread to hand this morning bright and early I set off for Manchester County Court at 7:15am from Leeds, so a short hop across the pennines, I made excellent progress arrived in Manchester an hour later and managed to get parked, I parked quite a way out of the Centre to avoid the high car parking charges but had quite a walk about half an hour with my iPhone guiding the way.....

Found the Court and after having a coffee and sausage sandwich in a cafe over the road I made may way into the Court at around 9.30. The case was due to start at 10:30.

The usual airport type security checks take place, you get wanded after your belt sets off the metal scanner, then started looking for the Court lists...

They are normally up on the wall, but Manchester is very posh, they have a little reception and you are guided where to go, I asked for the Ryanair case, and after a few minutes of searching, the receptionist asked for the case number, which I didn't have, I brought up my own post on the forum with the names of the case and handed my phone over, she triple checked all the hearings and said sorry it doesn't appear to be listed, but she made a note of the case names and said she would try and find out a little more.

I had a good nosey around, found a lovely cafe, this is a real treat, normally you get an over priced and empty vending machine.

In the meantime, I do have some forum contacts on my phone that I can ask for help from, I was busy What's apping away to see if any news had hit the forum or if they knew something I didn't..

A phone call was made to Bott & Co's offices to try and help me - Many thanks to 111KAB for that, although Kevin was on another phone line, Coby was out of office and the secretary didn't know about the Ryanair case. I emailed Coby to see if he had any news. Tyzap was also doing his best to help me, he suggested I might be at the wrong Court, can you imagine that, NoviceAngel at the wrong Court and the case is being heard next door, not a good start to my reporting career Dr Watson. I checked with reception, they confirmed that the only other Court was the criminal Court, although I'm sure many people think that's where this case should be heard, I had the feeling I was in the right place.

After a half hour wait, nervously wondering what was going on, I received an email back from Coby, apparently at the last minute there wasn't a Judge available to hear the case, something to do with Jet2 and Bradford. He was extremely apologetic, but to be fair, apart from the last minute forum post in here, he wasn't aware that I was attending.

In the meantime, 111KAB had managed to get through to Kevin and he was saying that Coby was .... wait for it........ in Bradford representing Claimants regarding a Jet2 case with reference to their two year time bar T & C's.. and of course Jet2 is more up my street and Bradford just a few minutes drive from Leeds!

As Tyzap said 'You just couldn't make it up could you ?!'

Well you have to laugh, I was going to try and look clever and try and cover all this up, but you might as well have a good laugh, certainly the irony wasn't lost on me.

Regarding the Jet2 case, I've yet to hear... AFAIK it wasn't an appeal case, but if Bott lose then I'm sure they will take it to appeal.

You're roving reporter no doubt will attend the Jet2 appeal while Coby and the team are back in Manchester dealing with the Ryanair case...

:rotfl::T

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

PS Special thanks to all in here, especially 111KAB and Tyzap that tried there best to help a little Angel in distress :A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • denised
    denised Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    thanks noviceangle for keeping us up dated let us know when you hear how Bradford case goes. you sound very busy you may need glass of wine or 2 and it is smiley friday so why note :-)
  • Skid_Marks
    Skid_Marks Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Update.........

the case has been postponed:o

Thanks for the effort you made today Novice :A............I hope that this experience will not deter you from continuing as this Board's Courtroom reporter.
  • mrtonygibson
    Options
    Do you know when the next expedition is due? Sorry I mean court case.
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 27 March 2015 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Skid_Marks wrote: »

Thanks for the effort you made today Novice :A............I hope that this experience will not deter you from continuing as this Board's Courtroom reporter.
    Do you know when the next expedition is due? Sorry I mean court case.

First of all I have a twelve month contract as the boards Courtroom reporter, so even if I wanted an out, I ain't got one from todays events..

And secondly Tony, No idea ! hopefully someone from Botts will let us know otherwise we'll read the results in Travel Weekly.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

PS Where is Dr. Watson I need my medication.

• Skid_Marks
    Skid_Marks Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I have a twelve month contract as the boards Courtroom reporter

Is that a rolling contract NA?:rotfl:
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

PS Where is Dr. Watson I need my medication.

Don't fear my friend, medication has been despatched from the surgery and Night Nurse(s) of your choice will be knocking on your door soon.
    This Doctor cares for all patients regardless of the hour...
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback