Options

Comments

• creativesolutions
    creativesolutions Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 17 February 2015 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Golactico wrote: »
    Hi creativesolutions,

Well done for taking the initiative. I want to replicate exactly what you did in the hope of achieving a similar result. Could you please tell me how to get to the contact form that you used on the Flybe website? Their contact info is a bit complicated and like I say, I want to follow exactly the same route as you took. Many thanks

Hi Golactico,

Sorry for delayed reply.
    I am struggling to share the instruction as I am not allowed to post anything with links as a newbie on this site.

I have uploaded the instruction here tiny url dot com /qbp5vqq

I hope you can view it.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Golactico,

Sorry for delayed reply.
    I am struggling to share the instruction as I am not allowed to post anything with links as a newbie on this site.

I hope you can view it.

Here ya go https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zwozbq50ktpgzp/How%20to%20contact%20flybe%20for%20claim%20of%20compensation%20using%20their%20website.docx?dl=0
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    .....looking nice and neat....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Fifefamily
    Fifefamily Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2015 at 11:12AM
    Options
    caz6caz6 wrote: »
    Hi Fifefamily, how are you going with this? I've just had the same 2yr rubbish from them & am pushing back on the basis that it's eu law which supersedes their terms & conditions. I'm not sure that legally there's any difference between damages & compensation. Where have you read that there is?
    C

Hi there, have had further word back from Flybe and they will now accept the claim. I had sent them a copy of the decision issued by Sherriff Lockhart at Ayr Sherriff Court when Ryanair had tried to use the 2 year restriction highlighting that my claim would be made in Scotland!

However they are now relying on the VDL case!!
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Fifefamily wrote: »

However they are now relying on the VDL case!!

Indeed, and thanks for the correction on the Allen case result thread.

I'm personally not too worried and I'm trying desperately hard to not feel too confident, but I have every faith in the Judge at Liverpool to reach the correct interpretation of the law.

I really think this approach from Flybe is a non-starter, Jet2 will no doubt seek permission to appeal, but from what I read on the other threads, this would not be a long process and they would also get permission if they had new evidence to produce, that would be unlikely...

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • doccer
    doccer Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2015 at 12:28AM
    Options
    Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me, I'm in the middle of writing my first letter asking for compensation for a Flybe flight that was cancelled. I'm just a little confused as to how much compensation to demand.

The flight in question was from Manchester to The Isle Of Man.(approx 176km)
    Initially it was delayed just moments before we were due to board, then around 90 minutes later they announced the flight was cancelled altogether!

No other flights were available that day from Manchester, we were then told that a bus to Liverpool
    was being arranged, but still no ideas on flights or times. As our stay in the Isle of Man was short and the fact we had two young children with us, we couldn't gamble with the vague alternative travel options and decided not to fly. So we went home having spent most of our day in the airport with two very disappointed kids,
    and we wasn't to happy either!

I look forward to your replies.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Hi doccer,

You didn't say the crutial bit of info WHY was your flight cancelled?

All the info you want to know is in Vaubans excellent guide.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

• doccer
    doccer Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi doccer,

You didn't say the crutial bit of info WHY was your flight cancelled?

All the info you want to know is in Vaubans excellent guide.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

They just said technical problems were the reason for the delay. It was all very vague!
    We have been told a full refund for flights will be given within 10 days, and they have already reimbursed us for money spent whilst at the airport, this side of things has been quite efficient . I wasn't aware of flight compensation until after we had requested the refund.

To be honest I wouldn't be thinking of the compensation, only the way we were treated at the airport and the complete lack of customer relations was pathetic. We are not frequent flyers and felt abandoned with not a clue what to do and where to go after the cancellation. Then the vague alternative travel options given were the icing on the cake.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2015 at 6:32PM
    Options
    doccer wrote: »
    We have been told a full refund for flights will be given within 10 days,

If you have any problems you could always quote this from the regs.....

Article 5

Cancellation

1. In case of cancellation of a flight, the passengers concerned shall:
    (a) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accord- ance with Article 8;

Article 8

Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered the choice between:
    (a) — reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant,
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Roger216
    Roger216 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 February 2015 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Hi, I hope someone can help with this.
    I've complained and been refused compensation for a 6 hour flight delay from Florence to Birmingham in July 14.
    Our plande had to land in Pisa due to high winds. We were notified of this and taken to Florence to Pisa to pick up the flight.
    It took an hour or so to get to Pisa, but we were then left waiting for hours in Pisa, non-weather-related.
    As Flybe are using weather as an excuse to refuse my claim, could I still be there without compensation?

By the way, I am attempting to challenge the decision, but getting anything other than an auto-reply from: mailto:cartadiritti@enac.gov.it hasn't been possible to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure