Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Options

Comments

• abertawe1
    Options
    hi everyone
    i was due to fly from jfk to gatwick at 10 pm on the 3/11/17 landing at 9.55am on the 4/11/17 with ba but on the morning of the flight they cancelled due to operational reasons.so they rebooked us on a flight with American airlines at 2pm on the 4/11/17 to Atlanta that's over a thousand miles further away where we then had to get a ba flight at 10.pm that night to heathrow when our original destination was Gatwick (where my car was)we landed about 10 am 24hours late and at the wrong airport by the way there were 5 adults what sort of compensation are we due many thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi abertwe1,

You are due €600 each from BA, plus any additional costs incurred travelling from LHR back to LGW, plus duty of care.

Google and then download 'Vaubans guide' for loads of information.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • twisterzzz
    Options
    I was recently on a business trip and my inbound flight from Nice to Heathrow was cancelled the day before flying (reason : French air controller strike). The flight was originally booked by my company's appointed travel agency. As soon as I received flight cancellation email from BA I advised our travel agency and they couldn't really get me a replacement flight on the planned return date.

For personal reasons I had to return on the planned return date so I had no choice but to buy another very expensive BA flight (paid about £500) plus taxi costs to go to nearest airport (Marseille) of about £250 since there were no direct flights available from Nice. I would hopefully be compensated for the travel costs associated however I'm sure some questions will be asked when submitting my expenses. The question is, am I in position to claim compensation from BA for missing my original flight and inconvenience caused or ONLY travel agency will be able to claim any compensations.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    this should be posted on the BA thread
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bumped because people can't be bothered to look 8 lines down...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • twisterzzz
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    this should be posted on the BA thread

Sorry, where is that ? I couldn't find it.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • twisterzzz
    twisterzzz Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2017 at 10:12AM
    Options
    I was recently on a business trip and my inbound flight from Nice to Heathrow was cancelled the day before flying (reason : French air controller strike). The flight was originally booked by my company's appointed travel agency. As soon as I received flight cancellation email from BA I advised our travel agency and they couldn't really get me a replacement flight on the planned return date.

For personal reasons I had to return on the planned return date so I had no choice but to buy another very expensive BA flight (paid about £500) from Marseille to Heathrow. Plus taxi costs to go to airport (Marseille) of about £250 since there were no direct flights available from Nice. I would hopefully be compensated for the travel costs by my company however I'm sure some questions will be asked when submitting my expenses.

The question is, am I in position to claim compensation from BA for missing my original flight and inconvenience caused OR travel agency ONLY will be able to claim any compensations.
  • twisterzzz
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »

Thanks, posted there, is there a way to delete this thread.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    no, we just let it sink to the bottom.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income