Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Gunia
    Gunia Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone might have been in a similar situation. I have been trying to claim from Thomson for over a year now through Bott. Thomson did not engage; they didn't respond to court proceedings and they didn't show up in court, so the court automatically ordered that they pay compensation. Thomson have not responded to the court order either. From what I've read, Thomson seem to be trying to do everything not to pay out but it seems a bit unusual not to engage with any step of the process. Would anyone know how likely it is that the order will be enforced?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How much was your total claim?
    When was the court order issued?
    Have you been in touch with Botts since?

Next step would usually be Baliffs or Sheriffs (better but only possible over a certain amount) for recovery of monies due.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Gunia
    Gunia Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    The total claim was for €1,200. Bott are quite vague on the detail, they just said that they have started enforcement proceedings but not sure what is involved or the likelihood of success. I find it strange that Thomson put no defence whatsoever, especially since the case was not clear cut (two issues contributed to the delay: technical difficulty with aircraft and runway closure).
  • cletus1
    cletus1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a short foot note to our claim for the flight delay TUI finally paid up thay must love wasting money as they incurred solicitors costs for the claim
  • Shug61
    Shug61 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    cletus1 wrote: »
    Just a short foot note to our claim for the flight delay TUI finally paid up thay must love wasting money as they incurred solicitors costs for the claim

Based on history, looks like for every one they have to pay out on, hundreds are fobbed off or just give up, or are encouraged not to claim by misinformation, so worth it overall for their balance sheet
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received my compo finally today from TUI. Case started 12th March & completed 6th August (147 days) with help from CEDR.

Thank you to everyone on here for helping me through the process.

TIP be persistent & use CEDR if TUI initially decline your case & you believe your claim to be valid (confirm via one of the links from this thread).
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or just go straight to MCOL if you don't want to wait 5 months for what you're legal entitled to straightaway.
    Pulling are you sending a letter of complaint about TUI to CAA?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Received my compo finally today from TUI. Case started 12th March & completed 6th August (147 days) with help from CEDR.

Thank you to everyone on here for helping me through the process.

TIP be persistent & use CEDR if TUI initially decline your case & you believe your claim to be valid (confirm via one of the links from this thread).

Well it took a while but you got there in the end, they never make it easy.

Well done:beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Cleverclover
    Options
    I tried claiming compensation from TUI for a delayed flight to Dominican Republic back dated to 2014. I began via resolver but unlike BA, TUI didn't respond each time I escalated the case. I emailed them directly from their website on Wednesday and 3 working days later I have had a letter with compensation paid of €1500 euros! Result!( for 5 delayed people)
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How late did you arrive in the Dominican Republic if it was more than 4 hours you should have had 3,000 euro's
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback