Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    VOB72 wrote: »
    The judge stated it in the directions. I called the court to clarify if that was per person or for the 3 additions and I was told it was for the latter. All nonsense and unnecessary in my opinion but if the judge says, then it goes!

A further update om Multiple claimants - After filling in form N244 to add my husband and two children as claimants and sending off my £80, I've had a notice of a hearing today for 6 weeks time. I thought it was to hear my case but no, just to add them to my claim! Seems an absolute waste of time to have a hearing just to add names to an application. The Court staff didn't mention a hearing when I rang to ask how to add parties after being directed to do so by the Judge following TC defence that I could not include them in my claim. They just said to fill in form N244 and send £80. I ticked the 'without hearing box' too. But to no avail. Now I have to take an afternoon off work, pay for childcare and fuel for the 60 mile round trip. Not a happy bunny.

Advice to anyone making a claim for more than just themselves - INCLUDE ALL PASSENGERS NAMES IN CLAIMANTS BOX - despite what MCOL advised me, it isn't enough to just name yourself as lead passenger and mention the other members of your party in the statement of particulars.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Claiming for all passengers named in the booking number xx/xxx

is also a useful turn of phrase at the outset.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VOB72 wrote: »
    ...Advice to anyone making a claim for more than just themselves - INCLUDE ALL PASSENGERS NAMES IN CLAIMANTS BOX - despite what MCOL advised me, it isn't enough to just name yourself as lead passenger and mention the other members of your party in the statement of particulars.

and if you can't get all the names in the claimants box then don't use MCOL, use from N1 https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    and if you can't get all the names in the claimants box then don't use MCOL, use from N1 https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
    I only wish I'd known that 3 months ago when I started this! But good advice to all Newbies on here - thanks richard.
  • chili2001
    chili2001 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    Well my solicitor has received the default judgement from the court and has contacted TC giving them 14 to cough up or they will "enforce" it. I would love to send the bailiffs round to their office!
  • bateel13
    bateel13 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    BBC1 Watchdog programme (Wednesday 8 p.m.) advised that they will again be featuring Thomas Cook on next week's programme in relation to flight delays and their reluctance to pay compensation. Might be worth watching?
  • bateel13
    bateel13 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Johndoe

Just wondered if you had any further thoughts on how to proceed with this one as I was on this flight also. I have to say I am reluctant to do an MCOL due to TC's response quoting "industrial action" in which case it could be very difficult to prove otherwise. Sorry if this sounds negative but |I would be reassured if anyone else has proceeded with a similar case and won?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2013 at 4:16PM
    Options
    chili2001 wrote: »
    Well my solicitor has received the default judgement from the court and has contacted TC giving them 14 to cough up or they will "enforce" it. I would love to send the bailiffs round to their office!

TC can still seek setaside, and there is no time limit. But get the sheriff's in quick if over £600
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • chili2001
    chili2001 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    TC can still seek seaside, and there is no time limit. But get the sheriff's in quick if over £600

I assume you mean set aside? :-) I'm sure they will try this so I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully my solicitor will get the bailiffs round first. Do the courts not see the games they are playing? Surely all these set asides with their dodgy excuses must be logged by the courts somewhere? Do they not compare notes?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ha ha perils of smartphone typing :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing