Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• Ours was gatwick to montego bay tom30 anyone else complaining? percyandbob
  • Not meaning any offence, but there is a separate thread for Thompson flight delays (just put Thompson delay in forum search drop down tab). You may well see something specific to Thompson flights. This thread is for Thomas Cook delays. Centipede kindly set up individual sites for each airline so it is easier to follow your own company. Good luck, think these companies should just give out travel vouchers without the hassle then we would book holidays and probably pay out more thus keeping them in business, lol.
    I originally complained in July after holiday in late June. We were delayed 5hours to Jamaica. Original claim turned down. Latest claim quoting the Eulegislation has prompted a claim form from them BUT they will not accept it unless attach the original boarding passes which we do not have. Any advice welcome as we were delayed, we do fit the criteria and think thesis Thompson trying to put us off. Thank you percyandbob
  • suzy_g
    suzy_g Posts: 726
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi we just heard about the new ruling , we were delayed, a couple of hours at gatwick (thomas cook) airport to the Dominican republic, then six hours on board the flight on the runway, while they sent for a new part for the plane.. this was 1st Sept 2010 but we don't know the flight number? where can we get this/ someone mention Q&A but i dont know what this is..will we be entitled to copesation with out this info ta
  • what was your departure time meant to be and what was the name of the airport you were to land at?

suzy_g wrote: »
    Hi we just heard about the new ruling , we were delayed, a couple of hours at gatwick (thomas cook) airport to the Dominican republic, then six hours on board the flight on the runway, while they sent for a new part for the plane.. this was 1st Sept 2010 but we don't know the flight number? where can we get this/ someone mention Q&A but i dont know what this is..will we be entitled to copesation with out this info ta
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Perhaps the airline is guarding its cash until or unless you take them to court...
    Will find out in two weeks, just submitted my MCOL on line, hope the !!!!!!!s don't go bust
  • Mark2spark wrote: »
    You now need to involve the CAA so that it can be established whether a FAC1 fault is extraordinary or not.
    I suspect not.
    I'd also be tempted to start court action, or at least give them (TC) intention to do so.

A little info on FAC's here, for what it's worth (I'd post the URL but the forum won't allow me to)

The aircraft has two Flight Augmentation Computers (FACs) that perform four main functions:

Yaw Functions

Yaw Damping and turn coordination
    Rudder Trim
    Rudder Travel Limitation

Flight Envelope Function

PFD Speed Scale Management
    Minimum/maximum speed computation
    Maneuvering speed computation
    ALPHA-floor protection

If both FACs are valid, FAC 1 controls the yaw damper, turn coordination, rudder trim, and rudder travel limit, and FAC 2 is in standby.
    FAC 1 keeps the aircraft within the flight envelope through FD1 ; FAC 2 performs this function through FD2.
    If a failure is detected on any channel of FAC 1, FAC 2 takes over the corresponding channel.
  • Not meaning any offence, but there is a separate thread for Thompson flight delays (just put Thompson delay in forum search drop down tab). You may well see something specific to Thompson flights. This thread is for Thomas Cook delays. Centipede kindly set up individual sites for each airline so it is easier to follow your own company. Good luck, think these companies should just give out travel vouchers without the hassle then we would book holidays and probably pay out more thus keeping them in business, lol.

Hi really sorry. I thought they were the same company will make my way over to the right one! Good luck percyandbob
  • badbobby
    badbobby Posts: 59 Forumite
    I'm not going to put too much info on here for confidentiality reasons, but for the aid of everyone else, the process was:

1) I sent letters earlier in the year re delays to both in and outbound flights
    2) Protracted incoherent replies from TC until they eventually worked out that proceedings had been stayed by ECJ so refused to discuss further
    3) ECJ update in October 2012, so I restarted correspondence - they sent the usual template letter not referring to my specific situation
    4) I pointed out the error of their ways and they admitted the outbound fault was not ECs, but insisted the inbound was - they only offered vouchers though for the outbound flight
    5) I rejected and sent LBA
    6) LBA expired, so I sent claim form
    7) They have acknowledged and filed defence...

I guess I'll get the details in the post in the next few days and learn how to file my "bundle".

The main issue is they said they were defending it in full, but they've admitted half of the claim to me and offered me vouchers, so I'm not sure what they're doing. At worst, I cannot see how the DJ can refuse half of my claim and therefore not issue expense/costs against me.

Thoughts?
  • suzy_g
    suzy_g Posts: 726
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    well I got my husband to look at his old emails and found an email with all the details of the booking number and flight details.:jso now I suppose I send Thomas cook the details, this was a technical fault with the plane as they had us wait on the plane while they got a part from Birmingham, then they had to pump the fuel out first to do the job. i expect I will get the same reply as every one else . so then I have to go to small claims court.
  • jacksback
    jacksback Posts: 131 Forumite
    Can anyone confirm which is the correct address for my MCOL claim. I have:

Thomas Cook Customer Relations
    2-4 Godwin Street
    Bradford
    BD1 2ST

and

Thomas Cook Airlines Limited
    The Thomas Cook Business Park
    Coningsby Road
    Peterborough