🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    To the atos rep. My partner has has an assessment and the report says the decisions as to whether xxx medical condition of anxiety is likely to be considered a disability under the terms of the relevant uk legislation is one for a tribunal to decide. However my interpretation of the relevant uk legislation is that xxx condition is likely to be considered a disability because it would have significant impact on normal daily activities with or without benefit of treatment.

Does this mean they could be entitled to disability benefits and which ones?

Hi publicsectorworker

I’m not able to give advice about claiming benefits, but you can speak to the DWP and other sources of advice are available.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    craftygran wrote: »
    MY DH has just received the dreaded ESA letter. I think he will be assessed as unable to work but will not be put into the contributions based as he as been on IB for over 20 years. My question is I work full time does this mean on the income based option he will no longer receive any payments?

Thank you in advance

Hi craftygran

It is the DWP that manages payments, so you would need to ask them this question, rather than Atos Healthcare.
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Why can a claimant be given the name and GMC registration number of an Atos "doctor" but when it comes to an Atos "nurse" a claimant is only allowed to be given the nurse's their name and geographical location. Why can't a claimant be given a nurse's Registration number?

What have Atos got to hide???
  • sicknotethefirst
    sicknotethefirst Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2013 at 4:32PM
    Options
    I asked this question directly to Atos and this is their reply...

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that all health care professional doctors will provide their GMC number on request. However if you are assessed by a Nurse, they are not obliged to provide their registration number, this is in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines. However you can request a Nurse's registration details via Customer Relations once the assessment has been completed.

with regards,
  • JS477
    Options
    craftygran wrote: »
    MY DH has just received the dreaded ESA letter. I think he will be assessed as unable to work but will not be put into the contributions based as he as been on IB for over 20 years. My question is I work full time does this mean on the income based option he will no longer receive any payments?

Thank you in advance

As your DH is being reassessed for IB to ESA then any household income will not be taken into account (as IB was non-means tested) and they will be reassessed for CB ESA which is also non-means tested. If your DH is placed into the Support Group then there is no time limit on payment however if they are placed into the Work Related Activity Group then there is a 365 day limit on payment of CB ESA.

Income Related ESA is dependent on any household income and savings and hours a partner works.

Hope that helps.
  • JS477
    edited 18 February 2013 at 4:33PM
    Options
    I asked this question directly to Atos and this is their reply...

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that all health care professional doctors will provide their GMC number on request. However if you are assessed by a Nurse, they are not obliged to provide their registration number, this is in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines. However you can request a Nurse's registration details via Customer Relations once the assessment has been completed.

with regards,

It certainly makes you wonder why the Nursing and Midwifery Council is reluctant to allow sick and disabled people to know whether the "nurse" employed by Atos is actually registered!!

This makes interesting reading Here
    My manager had a firm, but polite, word with me in a quiet corner, and reminded me of my role, which was to meet targets, not have general chit chat with colleagues.

This is something the MSE sponsored Atos Rep should address (but I very much doubt will).
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    I did recently post up some information about a nurse including her location and full name, but it was removed for some reason? even though I got it directly from Atos and the NMC. I've posted it on various other sites but had no problems.
  • JS477
    Options
    I did recently post up some information about a nurse including her location and full name, but it was removed for some reason? even though I got it directly from Atos and the NMC. I've posted it on various other sites but had no problems.

Atos have been known to use bully boy tactics to close down websites that have had the temerity to criticise them.

Given the horrendous treatment Atos have handed out to sick and disabled people the fact that MSE have got into bed with this company is very worrying at what direction this forum is going.
    Options
    ebsay wrote: »
    A question to the ATOS rep:

As some of your HCP's are unable to speak English very clearly, and have difficulty understanding local peoples accents, how can a Claimant be confident that the correct, accurate answers/information is being typed into the Computer?

Hi ebsay

Health care professionals undergo a rigorous recruitment process which ensures their standard of spoken and written English meets DWP requirements to undertake disability assessment. The work of all our HCPs is subject to continuous audit to ensure quality standards are met and maintained. The documenting of information is a key element of their training and if it is considered there are specific factual inaccuracies in a report we would be happy to investigate.
  • vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Options
    where did my last post go?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business