Whats you favourite campsite, be it tent, caravan or motorome?

Options
123457»

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,000 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 July 2014 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Favourite is a secret place, just below the Pont du Gard in the pine forest, no facilities except one toilet and sink, meals eaten with other campers by the river watching wildlife, otters etc. Swim across to the large campsite opposite for milk, bread etc.
    Second is http://www.zoover.co.uk/france/franche-comte/le-frasnois/municipal-le-lac-de-narlay/campsite/photos
    Open wood fires. site slopes down to cool, lovely lake to swim and dive in.
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Got a couple of suggestions...

http://www.adencountrypark.org.uk/caravansite/127-aden-caravan-and-camping-park
    Aden Country Park is based in North East Scotland and is from my childhood. Basically a massive country park with heaps to explore including a house they moved stone by stone and rebuilt, lots of oldy-worldy stuff. It's beautiful in good weather.
    :D

http://www.threlkeldhalltouringsite.co.uk/
    If you like simplicity and are interested in the lake district then I could suggest the most beautiful campsite on a farm. They only have 11 pitches and there isn't really much for kids on site, however the views are spectacular, the bathrooms have just been modernised and the pubs nearby are really cute. It is also quite close to the Ullwater Steamers.
    It is my number 1 campsite so far!!
    :j

Those are my suggestions. We have been to a few others in our wee campervan but Threlkeld Hall is definitely on my "returns list". There was a lovely one up in Roybridge as well but not much to do without travelling around and the pub was a disaster. However, you can get the steam train up to Mallaig which is lovely.
    :)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No idea if its been mentioned already but billing aquadrome looked fantastic for kids. Was there for a day event last weekend so I did not stay overnight ( had hotel called the hopping hare in Northampton, lovely hotel too)

But what I saw of billing was very good. Tents, caravans, camping pods ( wooden hut things with power sockets) dogs allowed, bike hire, and more
    Before this weekend I had never heard of it btw.
    I only saw a small part but looked fabulous, if I had small kids still I would have gone there.
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Let's get camping!

Bumping for new season
  • allybee101
    allybee101 Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I added Trewince Farm near St Mawes, Cornwall to my list of faves - pitch overlooking the sea, clean plentiful facilities (just wish you could control shower temp to make it cooler) and a gently sloping field. Blissfully quiet and dark at night. I learned that I need to get a porch extension/tarp for shade though.

The Meadows near Mevagissey is also v nice but more bustling. Nice facilities, little shop on site. Dog friendly but thankfully not too much barking.
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure