Whats you favourite campsite, be it tent, caravan or motorome?

Options

Comments

• TreacleTracy
    TreacleTracy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I think if you add children into the equation then it's a very cheap option and the fresh air guarantees to zonk them out - definitely makes the job of parenting an easy one, until you are back home to reality. Oh, and my little girl has a great habit of inviting herself into other families, whilst I sit back admiring the peace and quiet with a vino or two ;-)
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not a great tent fan . but a decent tent or caravan motorhome is a big winner than any holiday inn / etc . I feel like a prison in a hotel feels very dense and every noise is enhanced .I dont sleep much and would rather be cold than hot . Cheap for family's and good fun with friends and beer .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • greenclaire
    Options
    I love camping. There's nothing like it getting back to nature and recharging your batteries. Of course you get a proper wash! If you have the proper bedding then you don't get cold and only a couple of campsites I've ever been on had noisy people. Most campsites are very strict and have a 'no-noise after...' rule. They also have showers with hot water. I do occasionally stay in a Holiday Inn and it's fine for one cheap night in a city where there is no campsite (and if there was it probably wouldn't be very secure). I prefer waking up to the sound of birds singing in the morning, and never get woken up at night by owls?? (where have you been staying?!) ;)
  • allybee101
    allybee101 Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Common End Farm, Swinscoe, Derbyshire.
    Off to Cornwall soon so hoping to add some new favourites to the list
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    greenface wrote: »
    Even bad campsites are a lesson . You can check out the area once your there for next time. We stayed just outside tenby one year and seen the great site in april and booked it for a week in august ( with 2 other caravan family friends ) In august it was like the wild west and the smell was pure drains. Made the owner meet me on my so called pitch with 3x weeks money for us .We left and Went to a very tidy park called Wood office in Narbeth . Grass like a bowling green . 2 showers for the whole field a tree and a sand pit. Great hollybobs and very friendly

Hehe - mum and dad have a site that's next to the footpath to the beach from another site. They quite often have campers abandon the other site and come to mum and dad's mid-holiday. :D

Personally, any quiet spot up in Scotland where I can throw my tent up and cook on a fire with no-one else around :)
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I thought I would post this here

http://www.bob.org.uk/offers/

You sign up for a free card and then there are offers from £1 a pitch to free nights
  • whippetowner
    Options
    thank martinthebandit

I have just booked up for grousehill this morning pleased it has been mentioned on here :)
  • whippetowner
    Options
    waterfoot park in poole bridge is a nice campsite showers toilets sinks for dishwashing shop and clubhouse on site where you can also get food to eat in or take out
    we went in folding camper tents motorhomes and caravans all mixed no snobbery towards tents

only problem we had was we took our 2 whippets and the rabbits there are so used to people they come to your tent .I had visions of my mutts killing a rabbit in front of kids
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Riverside Camping on the Seiont River old garden center has had a few quid thrown at it and is right up there with the decent places . Gwynedd North Wales riversidecamping.co.uk/
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Keep them coming!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family