January's Big Financial Freeze!!!

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Hey folks, sounds like a fun challenge!

One question though, I'm a bit perplexed as to the 'Find £25' bit. Can someone give me a few ideas as to how this could be achieved? I didn't get the bit about finding receipts and what is doubling coupons...sorry I'm such a noob! lol

Otherwise, I'M IN !!!

ANYWAY you can possibly think of. Tesco coupons will give you money off. If you save £2 that counts towards your £25... if you find a penny then pick it up.. you can make it as fun or as weird as possible...:rotfl: But as the girls said above Wombling might be more beneficial...teehee!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • eeeeeee
    eeeeeee Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    this year is THE year for me ; i am have a big change in the way i am running the household ;PLEASE PlEASE add me too the list ... i love a challenge and cant wait
    NSD = 3/31 spent = £97.88/31 groceries = £26/31 fuel =2/31
    various debts = /£14366.89:eek:secured loan = /£13887.21 full settlement figuremortgage = /£64,342.45
    ime not debt free ,but ime trying JANUARY BIG FINANCIAL FREEZE (JBFF)no35
    proud owner of a british bullog puppies due end of jan2013
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Woah, it's taken me a few pages to get to the actual challenge!!! *tuts loudly at people putting newbies off*
    NSK please can I be added, however I have a query about the NSDs (sorry!). I've just sat down and written envelopes so we have everything budgeted. We go to gymnastics on a Tuesday & rock climbing on Fridays, so we have to spend the fee on both those days. If this is budgeted for in advance, does it count as a NSD? or not? If it doesn't then I will never be able to join a challenge :(

Anyway, budget is for 2 people and I know I can chop it all down very much so:
    Gymnastics: £0 / £70
    Rock Climbing: £0 / £117
    Grocery: £0 / £217
    Petrol: £0 / £87
    Train: £0 / £109
    Our 5 spending days this month will be on a Friday when we go to the pub after climbing, but this is also allocated.

I have a feeling I might be doing something wrong... I don't want to cheat!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mumsiemum
    Options
    But as the girls said above Wombling might be more beneficial...teehee!

' ..... underground overground wombling free . . . . .' :D:D
    February 2021 GC £301.45 / £300.00
    March 2021 GC £266.41 / £280.00
    April 2021 GC £53.19 / £300.00
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    If this is budgeted for in advance, does it count as a NSD? or not? If it doesn't then I will never be able to join a challenge :(

If it's budgeted for then you are good to go! Even better that its exercise!! I went to gymnastics once, had a go on the proper, really high up Olympic rings... just hung there like limp lettuce. Can you do a backflip..?
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If it's budgeted for then you are good to go! Even better that its exercise!! I went to gymnastics once, had a go on the proper, really high up Olympic rings... just hung there like limp lettuce. Can you do a backflip..?
    No, I'm quite rubbish I've been 3 times and love it. I can do a front flip into a pit though, and with help I did a backflip on the trampoline once lol. I need to limber up first.
    I'm really scared that EVERYTHING is budgeted for for January with no leeway. I've given the OH envelopes which we will fill every Sunday evening and anything leftover from the previous week will go back into the bank on Monday morning.
    Signature all updated.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • MinnyMoo
    Options
    This is totally what I need, I lurked during December so this month I'm in. If I keep faffing around these debts will never be gone so this kinda hardcore thread really makes sense to me. I'll be budgeting properly tonight and tomorrow.

Go go NSK, you are an inspiration.
  • NinjaSK

Thanks for the number - 29's lucky for me so am well pleased.

Just bought all the groceries for entertaining 10 family members over New Year with the Nectar points we'd saved all 2012 for that purpose. Am very happy about that too!

So, have pinned the rules on the fridge, bought a nice jar of garam masala with the nectars (curried everything coming up in Jan - have warned the DH... but I don't know a better way to make onions, potatoes and lentils taste any nicer!!)

We're going extreme so that in not too much time from now (and, I should add, we've been at this for a few years now -we're long-haulers with end FINALLY in sight) we will keep the salary that keeps coming into our bank account each month instead of giving it straight back to the bank in interest payments!! S I M P L Y can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks for a great , motivating (and tough) challenge. I've been following your others over the past couple of months and decided it was time to sign up.

DFY
  • Moneymash
    Options
    Hi Kat,

I am a lurker on all your threads. I would love to join this challenge but it's a bit much for me. Besides I have already decided on my short, medium and long-term financial goals for this year and like you hope to be debt free by the end of the year.

Keep up the good work and as always remain dignified, even when others can't. ;)

Good luck everyone.
    Debt-Free day 30th September 2014
  • tenbob84
    Options
    ok sig updated, time to crack on! good luck everyone !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure