January's Big Financial Freeze!!!

Options

Comments

• scattymam1
    scattymam1 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    Options
    My name is scattymam1, commander of my army in the north, general of the semi detached house! Loyal servant of the true emperor Martin lewis...and I accept this challenge and I WILL succeed in true gladiator stylee...:p
  • rosiecheeksblossom
    Options
    Please will you add me to your list JBFF. Just gonna sort through DDs etc and CC, bills and will post an update shortly.
    NSK - After spectating through your november and december challenges, I must say, you are an inspiration in the way you bust your own debts and encourage others to achieve the same.:T:T:T:T:T
    And I for one appreciate it.

Looking forward to it, just 2 night shifts to get through first..... xxxx
    Halifax CC All paid Mort £7669.99,Car loan 31 months to go
    Food 99.25/100 Petrol 133.12/150 presents 59.12/80 going out 73.75/150 toiletries 4.50/5 other 179.07/100 money made 480 SFD 11/20
  • Hi Ninja

Please sign me up too. This is my year - I am absolutely determined that payments to CCs etc will be a thing of the past by 2014. These people will be out of my life FOREVER and that is my pledge. Can't wait. Whatever it takes, I'm up for it.

Thanks for a great challenge
  • Marylea
    Options
    Gosh!
    I hope we have sorted out who is out and who is in....I'm IN!

I'm practising a NSD today, in fact, I am returning some Sale Items that I have decided I don't need!

I will end the year tomorrow with a spend day though, we are visiting friends for NYE, they cook, we bring the wine and we usually take gifts as well!

My other job for the day is to review the contents of my freezer and food cupboard/drawers and plan some meals without buying too many additional ingredients.
    In January I have set a £350 budget for fuel and food, I've not done this before so I have NO IDEA if this is feasible !
    I usually re-fuel twice a month (£150) which leave £200 for food.......which seems like a lot!
    There are two of us, 2 cats and 1 dog. I bulk bought animal food in December so will not need to buy any additional for them.
    I am hoping £200 will be more than enough. And if I can do it for less I will set a lower budget for February.

Onwards...out now to return unwanted STUFF!
  • gobbygal_2
    Options
    Hi I am a bit confused about what's going on here but would still like to join :-)

I have just managed 4 NSD's since Christmas mostly because I have been working and my cupboards are still full but at least I know I can do it without feeling stressed.

I hate shopping so will not be going to the sales - the only thing I would like is a new kettle but that can wait.

I have set my petrol budget at £200 for the month - I will give this to OH as he uses car for work and have told him if he insists on being taxi for DD's (19&20yr olds) they will have to cough up extra funds otherwise he will be walking to work and that's 40 miles !!
    I buy a monthly bus pass which at the moment costs £53.66 (NHS discount) but am trying to get an annual pass for £240 which will be a huge saving for me.

Grocery budget will be £100 per week but will try to spend only £80 - am going to withdraw this in cash and not take debit cards with me to shop then will have to stick to budget.

Will try 25 NSD's but that does seem a tough challenge.

Going to give it a good try.

Good luck and Happy New Year everyone
    :beer:
    SPC 6 # 1850 £2 coin saving challenge #119
    2013 to be a debt clearing year -Lloyds TSB CC NIL:T
    Sainsburys CC £2063.81 Capital One CC£4243.83
    MBNA CC £4608.09 Overdraft£810 Barclaycard £9015.73
    Total debt £19931.46 down from £21211.47 Dec 2012 :j
  • tenbob84
    tenbob84 Posts: 52 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2012 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Hi, this thread looks perfect for me and i'd love to join please, will update my sig later.

[text removed by MSE Forum Team]
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    scattymam1 wrote: »
    My name is scattymam1, commander of my army in the north, general of the semi detached house! Loyal servant of the true emperor Martin lewis...and I accept this challenge and I WILL succeed in true gladiator stylee...:p

This is brilliant! Made me chuckle. :rotfl:
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    A massive WELCOME to the contenders lining up ready to hit January with a big stick!!!

You must realise however this challenge starts on Tuesday - I say relax tomorrow, get plans in order then go get something nice for yourself to see in the New Year. ( Although something cheap cheap )...

I shall be in with a £1 bottle of Shloer and whatever delights might be on TV - although I might stretch to a bath bomb and wrap up after a good soak! :T:T:T Nothing worse than heading out in the crowds and spending a lot of unnecessary pennies...

Onwards and Upwards
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Please will you add me to your list JBFF. Just gonna sort through DDs etc and CC, bills and will post an update shortly.
    NSK - After spectating through your november and december challenges, I must say, you are an inspiration in the way you bust your own debts and encourage others to achieve the same.:T:T:T:T:T
    And I for one appreciate it.

Looking forward to it, just 2 night shifts to get through first..... xxxx

Thank you for this!! Great to have you on board. Although I sympathise. Just finished a night shift with one more to go!..:(...
    Onwards and Upwards though...:T:T:T
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    Please count me in, I really need to re-focus in 2013.

The stakes are extremely high for me but the rewards are worth it :eek: (will start a new diary soon which will explain everything!).

Kat - please could you just clarify re the 25 NSDs and the additional 5 days for pre-planned fuel/food spends. If I buy food/fuel only (pre-budgeted), it counts as a NSD as long as I only do 5, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure