Packed Lunches for MFW

Comments

• Great idea for a thread. At work today - final day before Christmas I hope.
    Beef and mustard cobs. Lovely.
  • Oh what a fab idea for a thread. I am refusing to spend any money in the canteen next year so will be getting my ideas from here.
    £370/£300 April challenge :T:T
  • Today was the first day back at work that lunch wasn't provided - I've only just remembered to search through for this thread!!!

Anyway I had... broccoli and blue cheese soup, mini cheddars, satsuma, banana, Christmas cake and a mini pot of nuts.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • Oooo Im in too! Didnt notice this new thread! :)

I am usually quite good at doing pack lunches- but can easily get lazy , especially when dark and cold!

which reminds me should really consider tomorrows lunch - have a bit of leftover pasta from tonight could take that in with tuna and sweetcorn maybe...
  • Hi all

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread as well. First day back at work today and I bought a sandwich so that was a bad start however I have promised myself to make more of an effort so have just made some minty pea and potato soup (I'm terrible for wasting potatoes after I have bought them for Sunday dinner as I don't eat many of them). So tomorrow and very likely at least one more day will be home made soup for lunch.

Look forward to seeing what everyone else has - AG :-)
    4 February 2014 - Mortgage Free

MFW14 no 67 - overpayment goal £6,200/£6,200
    Save 12k in 2014 no 142 - savings goal £5,300/£12,000
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Chana dhal and pate with toms and home made soup, plus yogurt. Had to buy cereal bars but they were 1/2 price :D.

More soup made for rest of the week and will be raiding freezer to see what there is - chana dhal was lush though so it will be figuring :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • OS_QS
    OS_QS Posts: 339 Forumite
    First day back after 3 weeks off for me! But I was a good soul yesterday and cooked me and OH a batch of mixed bean burritos for packed lunches today and tomorrow. :T

I have a lovely pack of smoked mackerel, but I'm guessing that's a big no-no for an open plan office :rotfl: I'll keep that for supper, but will need to be organised and make soup tomorrow night so I don't fail in the first week.
    Mortgage debt : -£17,000
    2019 overpayments : £23,000
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I don't have any opportunity to buy lunch for work as I work nights and can't leave the unit ... But because I work nights I need energy so buy chocolate/ haribo and other sugar laden things, I don't enjoy them but I am addicted to them ... Well actually I am addicted to the energy they provide

I would like to join but in a slightly different way, I would like to not buy sugary things and every week I manage not to I would like to transfer some money to my mortgage ...

Would that be ok ?
  • hazelreed
    hazelreed Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2013 at 7:30AM
    Elantan sounds like a wonderful idea health kick as well as pay off the mortgage!!! I'm sure everyone else would agree!. I need to stop paying £5 when i'm on long days! More organisation is called for!!!
    New mortgage total as of 1st Jan 2013 - £87709.24:j
  • Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I already do this conciously as my work canteen is a complete rip off. In a bid to cut down costs my wife and I have started to make larger dinners so leftovers can be lunches (Enchillada yesterday!) and when I do have lunch i'll have a mixture of things from our cupboards.

I'm also in a milk club (3 of us buy a 6pt for the weeks usage for cereal). This means even if i forget lunch ive always got a box of cereal and porridge at work as a backup.

If im in a rush I grab 2 slices of bread and a snack pot of beans. Thats a 60 second hot meal right there :D
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure